e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question for Tony. I've had a woodpecker doing a number on my house the past few days. I've been beating on the walls and even shooting bottle rockets trying to scare him off. There is an actual hole in my wooden house now, I'm pissed. Today when he flew away (after a whistling bottle rocket exploded) I heard what sounded like a chirp with a drawl...

Could this woodpecker be of the grit fed variety? If so, what do you suggest? I'm running out of options and the repair bills are going to start adding up. Please help soonish. Thanks.

Not Tony,but some thin sheet metal over the place he's trying to peck will help

Serious question for Tony. I've had a woodpecker doing a number on my house the past few days. I've been beating on the walls and even shooting bottle rockets trying to scare him off. There is an actual hole in my wooden house now, I'm pissed. Today when he flew away (after a whistling bottle rocket exploded) I heard what sounded like a chirp with a drawl...Could this woodpecker be of the grit fed variety? If so, what do you suggest? I'm running out of options and the repair bills are going to start adding up. Please help soonish. Thanks.

Yes, you are correct!!! Sarcasm upper 30s and ZR :wacko2:

Remember we are in NC. The legislature has banned sea rise. Perhaps we can get them to pass a resolution raising the freezing temperature to 40º.

I remember seeing that in the news ha! And I thought TN was ass-backerds...

Bless your state's hearts.

Serious question for Tony. I've had a woodpecker doing a number on my house the past few days. I've been beating on the walls and even shooting bottle rockets trying to scare him off. There is an actual hole in my wooden house now, I'm pissed. Today when he flew away (after a whistling bottle rocket exploded) I heard what sounded like a chirp with a drawl... Could this woodpecker be of the grit fed variety? If so, what do you suggest? I'm running out of options and the repair bills are going to start adding up. Please help soonish. Thanks.

They like Alka Seltzer, I think...or is that seagulls?

I kid...I kid.  Not really....kidding, kidding.  Seriously.

LOL, why would you want a weather banter thread?  If you have a post about the weather, put it in the January thread or obs thread.  If it's banter, put it in the banter thread.  What is so difficult about that?

Because a lot of times when I try to post about the weather in the January thread it is deleted or moved because it is considered banter, even if it is on the subject of the weather. The banter thread was created last winter for weather related banter because people kept complaining about folks posting things they considered banter in the main discussion thread, even if it was about the weather. I know because the banter thread was created mainly in part because of me. Now it has just become an off-topic thread about whatever, and that is not what it was intended for.

Someone needs to lighten the mood in the SE forums. Y'all seem to have forgotten your manners from time to time both here and the discussion thread. I'm a little scared :wacko2: . I have no business posting in the discussion thread even after all the years of lurking around here I still don't have the balls to state what I think will happen IMBY. I'm still slightly remedial and continue to depend on the 540line to make me get excited. All that being said IMBY I do have certain factors that make close call events, sometimes non-events for me because of the lake. I sit approximately 60-70ft above water level and if the H2O temps are in the 50's rather than 40's, I get more non FZ precip than just a mile away from the water. It has to be a bonafide bomb storm for me to be socked in on my street. I think the water acts as an insulator for winter precip. Oh... and balls. :beer: Have a beer on this hot winter day and chill.

Because a lot of times when I try to post about the weather in the January thread it is deleted or moved because it is considered banter, even if it is on the subject of the weather. The banter thread was created last winter for weather related banter because people kept complaining about folks posting things they considered banter in the main discussion thread, even if it was about the weather. I know because the banter thread was created mainly in part because of me. Now it has just become an off-topic thread about whatever, and that is not what it was intended for.

Okay Wilksdude, you have my permission to start a new thread.....I'm thinking Bullsh-t and Balls sounds great. BTW having my permission doesn't mean diddly squat.

Someone needs to lighten the mood in the SE forums. Y'all seem to have forgotten your manners from time to time both here and the discussion thread. I'm a little scared :wacko2: . I have no business posting in the discussion thread even after all the years of lurking around here I still don't have the balls to state what I think will happen IMBY. I'm still slightly remedial and continue to depend on the 540line to make me get excited. All that being said IMBY I do have certain factors that make close call events, sometimes non-events for me because of the lake. I sit approximately 60-70ft above water level and if the H2O temps are in the 50's rather than 40's, I get more non FZ precip than just a mile away from the water. It has to be a bonafide bomb storm for me to be socked in on my street. I think the water acts as an insulator for winter precip. Oh... and balls. :beer: Have a beer on this hot winter day and chill.

Amen.

Archived