e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting concerned for ICE here Tuesday night with forecasted low temps???? lol

.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF

FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN

IN THE MORNING. HIGHS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

90 PERCENT.

Why are you concerned about ice? Upper 30s it would be all rain.

Can;'t believe everyone here leaves Miss out and just talks about IMBY.Unreal for a SE board

List of US states by estimated July 1, 2012, population:

4. Florida

8. Georgia

10. North Carolina

17. Tennessee

23. Alabama

24. South Carolina

25. Louisiana

31. Mississippi

In terms of populated states in the SE, the state of Mississippi is dead last.  As such, it is highly probable that they would have the fewest number of active posters on this board.  In fact, I can only think of one or two posters from Mississippi off hand.  Being the self-centered human beings that we tend to be, most of us focus on what matters most in our daily lives and to those immediately around us.  Therefore, is it really unbelievable that no one has mentioned a possible ice storm in MS tonight?  In fact, I would think it quite unusual for this storm to be highlighted by some poster from a state other than MS.  (By the way, Wilkesborodude did mention this potential storm earlier this morning.)

*This is not a judgement on whether it is right or wrong for this storm to be mentioned, but just a post to discuss the mathematical likelihood of it being mentioned since Jaxjagman said it was unbelievable for it to go unmentioned.

Lets take a look at threads we do have.

January Pattern and Strom Discussion

January 2013 OBS

Severe Drought Makes it into NC

Tidbits and Teasers from the Web

All those are weather only threads.  In addition, when a storm appears, we will have separate additional threads for discussion and obs on that particular storm.  If your weather related post doesn't fit into any of those threads, maybe it doesn't need to be made.

Then we have the Banter thread for friendly chatter and discussing things that interest us on the 360 days out of the year that we are not having a major storm.

I'll throw this out there for some conversation...

Looking at the threads we have, wouldn't we be better off just having certain criteria established on our threads.

We could have a medium-long range discussion like the one currently pinned to the top...this thread would include any conversation on an event 4 or more days away. Medium and long range discussions can be created by any member of our forum

Then...once we get inside of 3 days of a possible storm, a new, detailed thread could appear related to that specific event. And have it started by one of our veteran members.

Of course you have the Banter thread as well...

And lastly any special interest or research threads could be created but only by our veteran group of members or a red-tagger.

Just something to think about...

I'll throw this out there for some conversation...

Looking at the threads we have, wouldn't we be better off just having certain criteria established on our threads.

We could have a medium-long range discussion like the one currently pinned to the top...this thread would include any conversation on an event 4 or more days away. Medium and long range discussions can be created by any member of our forum

Then...once we get inside of 3 days of a possible storm, a new, detailed thread could appear related to that specific event. And have it started by one of our veteran members.

Of course you have the Banter thread as well...

And lastly any special interest or research threads could be created but only by our veteran group of members or a red-tagger.

Just something to think about...

Or, we could just keep the general guidelines we now have and just scroll past the posts that don't interest us.  One problem that always pops up when you get really narrow focused threads is the inevitable posts that stir up 10 more because they are in the wrong place.

Its nothing sinister.  There's just a lack of MS posters.

Then this board is nothing but a extension of a Mid Atl board,seriously?If you want to call it SE then post current events in the SE.Some folks might read this board and have no clue,thanks to you.Just food for a thought,take it or leave it.

Then this board is nothing but a extension of a Mid Atl board,seriously?If you want to call it SE then post current events in the SE.Some folks might read this board and have no clue,thanks to you.Just food for a thought,take it or leave it.

Wait just a minute....Who do you think you are coming in here and attacking folks just because you don't see any posters from Mississippi? That's real smart.

It's been that way for a long time. People don't like to post about anything that is not in their back yard.

It's life.

Any relation to that met that self banned himself a few days ago? Just curious.

Oh yeah, and on topic......................the cold shot looks legit. I'd like to see the SSW begin to do it's dirty work in blocking things up though!

Giving the poor attitude you just shown, I assume most will leave it!

I'm getting concerned for ICE here Tuesday night with forecasted low temps???? lol

.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF

FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN

IN THE MORNING. HIGHS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

90 PERCENT.

How do you know? You can apparently read minds now.

Was it really that hard to see?  Check the underlined portion of his statement with four question marks.  He was laughing at the fact that Blacksburg was calling for freezing drizzle with lows in the upper 30s.  I don't need to read minds when I can read the words he wrote.

But, to be safe, we can wait for Big Frosty to confirm or deny...

What's the matter son, having a bad day?  I don't post about Miami either. If you want to put a blow by blow description of MS weather events go right ahead.  It would be on topic and no one would say a thing against it.  So put up or shut-up.  Either one works for me.  

What doesn't work for me is for someone to charge on here making all sorts of claims and generalizations and ending with, "take it or leave it".  You gave me an easy choice.  I'll leave it. Now either play nice or I'll call your mother.

It's been that way for a long time. People don't like to post about anything that is not in their back yard.

It's life.

I see the same people complain about this all the time. There is a simple solution. Start posting about the weather there instead of whining about it. Seriously just start giving your thoughts about those areas and why they may get winter weather. If you aren't good enough then start learning and asking questions. It's really that simple. 

Was it really that hard to see? Check the underlined portion of his statement with four question marks. He was laughing at the fact that Blacksburg was calling for freezing drizzle with lows in the upper 30s. I don't need to read minds when I can read the words he wrote.

But, to be safe, we can wait for Big Frosty to confirm or deny...

Lol I was joking.

Archived