e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please, there are already three threads where you make the same repetitive post we don't want to have to see it four times. Thanks

I would not post weather stuff in an off topic thread. The banter thread was originally made last winter for banter about the weather, not everything else. If the mods are going to be so strict about what is posted in the forecast discussion thread, then the same should be done here. It's not supposed to be an off topic thread.

I would not post weather stuff in an off topic thread. The banter thread was originally made last winter for banter about the weather, not everything else. If the mods are going to be so strict about what is posted in the forecast discussion thread, then the same should be done here. It's not supposed to be an off topic thread.

But you post off topic stuff in the weather thread. We only need one banter thread

I'm getting concerned for ICE here Tuesday night with forecasted low temps???? lol

.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF
FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN
IN THE MORNING. H
IGHS AROUND 50. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
90 PERCENT.

LOL, why would you want a weather banter thread?  If you have a post about the weather, put it in the January thread or obs thread.  If it's banter, put it in the banter thread.  What is so difficult about that?

I think the definition of banter is causing problems for Brick.

This guy....lolz.

But this was not meant to be an off topic thread. It was meant for weather banter.

It's not off-topic.  Everything is intricately tied to weather.  If I mention a football score, that score is only so do to the prevailing winds and temperatures at that moment.  The score would be different it were played inside versus outside.  Whatever...

Life is good in the SE.  Let's it keep it low key here in the banter thread and allow people to post whatever their heart desires.  We play things pretty loose here and offer hospitality all around.  We make people feel comfortable and at home.

Brick, if you want to start another banter thread.  Go for it.  There's nothing preventing you from starting your own thread.  I read them all in the SE.  Wherever someone happens to post.  It's really not that big of a deal to me.  What's one more thread gonna hurt?

You can test your theory that people want to have two separate threads for "weather" banter and "other" banter.  If people post in your special "weather" banter thread, then apparently you were correct.  If no one posts there, then apparently most people are satisfied with the single banter thread.  This sounds like a science experiment to me.  And we are all about science here on AmericanWx Forums!

Lets take a look at threads we do have.

January Pattern and Strom Discussion

January 2013 OBS

Severe Drought Makes it into NC

Tidbits and Teasers from the Web

All those are weather only threads.  In addition, when a storm appears, we will have separate additional threads for discussion and obs on that particular storm.  If your weather related post doesn't fit into any of those threads, maybe it doesn't need to be made.

Then we have the Banter thread for friendly chatter and discussing things that interest us on the 360 days out of the year that we are not having a major storm.

Archived