joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa probably just needs some female companionship at these moments. SSW usually lag by 2-3 weeks so this dull move this winter isn't a surprise. Isn't the first. Hopefully by the 2nd half we get another wintry surge, maybe with some "real" arctic air this time. That said, time for a musical number...............

:lmao:

One of my New Years resolutions is to be more positive.

Happy New Year.

I got back to Muskegon tonight after Christmas vacation in PA. It was amusing to watch the snowpack DECREASE the farther northwest we went. My family in parts of PA had over a foot of snowpack, while areas west of Lansing, MI and near Coopersville, MI barely had any snow. I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't have any snow, but was happy to get to Spring Lake/Muskegon area and find about 2.5 to 3 inches on the ground. Not much, but I'll take it from this AWFUL winter here. I think a band of Lake effect snow went through along the lakeshore on Saturday night, helping to add to our totals and cover the grass. It finally looks a bit like winter.

How long till we have another epic blizzard event???? Seems the storms of this winter season are very vigourus in nature. Sooner or later a true monster could be formed.... Would be nice to remember this 2012-2013 winter season as a new bench mark of blizzards. Allready had a few warnings in this region this season too !!

Happy New Year everyone.

I was reading some old threads at Eastern the other day and came across this old bit from WGN Morning News. Tom Skilling fans will enjoy it I believe (his part starts at 1:40).

Lmao :lmao:

Hadn't seen that it a long time. Great video.

Down to 7° this morning. Sparta must be like the Fairbanks of Wisconsin!

As was STL.

But at least Jan 1st is gonna be like -6F. December started +30F back to back days.

After a below normal Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov... we dropped down to 3-4th warmest year. I thought it was safe until the +5 December came out of nowhere and blasted it right back to the top.

Lmao :lmao:

Hadn't seen that it a long time. Great video.

Down to 7° this morning. Sparta must be like the Fairbanks of Wisconsin!

There is an area that runs north of Madison through the cranberry bogs up to Black River Falls area that is a big frost pocket...BRF was also -20F... Cold air like that is good for you. Puts hair on your....face...

Nearing 10F ...balmy. The ice fishermen were all over this morning. They love this weather. Good ice by what people are saying. Fish aren't biting.

Archived