12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z NAM 12/26/12 thru 33 hours is a little slower with the precip. Structure of the front end is different. By 33 hours the 0c 8h line is already cutting from Plymouth MA west across north RI and northern CT. Not much precip has fallen in advance of it as of that point. You could look at it that it's colder, or just slower. There's less precip in the region than the 18z, but the 0c line is also a smidge south versus the 18z. Hand in hand. By 36 clearly the 0c line is south of the 18z, but precip has been cut in the eastern 1/2 north of the line to that point. So it's still a battle on the NAM, overall probably colder through 39

0z NAM 12/26/12 thru 33 hours is a little slower with the precip. Structure of the front end is different. By 33 hours the 0c 8h line is already cutting from Plymouth MA west across north RI and northern CT. Not much precip has fallen in advance of it as of that point. You could look at it that it's colder, or just slower. There's less precip in the region than the 18z, but the 0c line is also a smidge south versus the 18z. Hand in hand.

Yeah a tad slower

0z NAM 12/26/12 thru 33 hours is a little slower with the precip. Structure of the front end is different. By 33 hours the 0c 8h line is already cutting from Plymouth MA west across north RI and northern CT. Not much precip has fallen in advance of it as of that point. You could look at it that it's colder, or just slower. There's less precip in the region than the 18z, but the 0c line is also a smidge south versus the 18z. Hand in hand.

If you can't decipher it, it means nothin!

One of the reasons I don't feel very bullish for the high end numbers is that we'll probably htidally deal with a Dryslot coming north before a big front end thump. I think precip will regenerate as the Dryslot moves north...but mid level warming loves to move north with the Dryslot. I think ORH on north will get a good thump for sure, but 10-14" fr ORH? I don't see that.

This run of the NAM through 42 hours falls between the 12z and 18z runs in the temp spectrum. It's definitely pinching off the warm air faster this run. I'd say probably toss it, too erratic barring a major change from the Euro/GFS tonight. I agree with what everyone else is saying in terms of caveats. Regardless 1000/850mb CT's would support a good blast a snow particularly over the western 2/3s of the SNE area during the front end thump and maybe Boston too.

The NAM continues to embarrass itself with this storm...not a clue what its doing not just here but over the OH Valley area, its upper and surface features/precip shield out that way do not fit its mid and upper depictions whatsoever. Its also likely too slow (as usual) advancing in the precipitation.

Its a disgrace, And needs to be tweaked

The NAM continues to embarrass itself with this storm...not a clue what its doing not just here but over the OH Valley area, its upper and surface features/precip shield out that way do not fit its mid and upper depictions whatsoever. Its also likely too slow (as usual) advancing in the precipitation.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread, that the 850mb center was N of the QC forcing and didn't make much sense - not about rain vs snow. So be it, but it won't come the NAM way. The 18z run look physically off, seems perhaps its carrying over into this run.

Archived