12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little confused that Box has me under a WSW and yet snowfall map shows less than a inch?

Box has me under a wsw with 10 to 15 inches of snow but yet there are several tv mets saying only around 6 inches. the have been going back and fourth all day between 6 to 12 to 12"+ and to around 6" hopefully the ooz runs will make it more clear! feel like I will have a good thump of 6 to 8" then heavy sleet and ice! should be fun going to be a long night tomorrow night! exciting though if you love winter storms! hope the weekend storm slams us as well!

Box has me under a wsw with 10 to 15 inches of snow but yet there are several tv mets saying only around 6 inches. the have been going back and fourth all day between 6 to 12 to 12"+ and to around 6" hopefully the ooz runs will make it more clear! feel like I will have a good thump of 6 to 8" then heavy sleet and ice! should be fun going to be a long night tomorrow night! exciting though if you love winter storms! hope the weekend storm slams us as well!

The forecasting for this storm has been horrific. TV stations are especially going to be playing catch-up only calling for a few inches in interior southern NH and along the Maine Coast, areas where 6-10" should fall easily.

Of course, it's difficult to make a good forecast when the NAM/GFS couplet, the models American forecasters tend to rely on, are so much warmer than the GGEM/RGEM/ECM. For example, the Euro has the 850 freezing line south of me at 42 hours while the GFS has it near Albany, 120 miles to the north. Something has to give.

6" seems low for you, but not sure 10-15"....at least the 15 anyways.

I'm located in Sandown NH right on the Chester NH border. The drive up from Haverhill MA. north,along rt.121A can be amazing in these situations. You can go from rain in Haverhill to a raging snowstorm 10 miles north. Elevation increase is only ~150'asl.

AKA... driving by my house. Hopefully I'll stay snowy though. :axe:

Us NH Erics need to stick together! I think most of the state is under a WSW except for coastal Rockingham. The afternoon AFD made it sound like a general foot outside the coast but I think that's high for a lot of us south

6" seems low for you, but not sure 10-15"....at least the 15 anyways.

Seeing these 12"+ numbers are scaring me. Those types of storms don't grow on trees, and there is messy bust potential even up into C NH and SW ME. I think GYX has done a really good job, but I'm not ready to pull out the starters yet.

Seeing these 12"+ numbers are scaring me. Those types of storms don't grow on trees, and there is messy bust potential even up into C NH and SW ME. I think GYX has done a really good job, but I'm not ready to pull out the starters yet.

I'll look more when I get home, but some of these numbers down this way look very high.

I'm very new to this so have tons to learn but this seems like a brutal system to forecast. Huge QPF slamming into a marginally cold air mass over a large area...big ugh. Tough job...

Big big bust potential, still time, somebody made a great post before, Miller As always seem to end up warmer aloft in mid layers. Wonder if ice is being underplayed?

Yup.

Models and Mets have been throwing caution flags for days about potential mid-level warming issues so I for one wouldn't be spiking the ball until I'm standing in my yard in SN+ with 6"+ showing on my ruler already.

Yup.

Models and Mets have been throwing caution flags for days about potential mid-level warming issues so I for one wouldn't be spiking the ball until. standing in my yard in SN+ with 6"+ showing on my ruler already.

the sleet is closer than it appears. The farther NW you are the better chance you get blitzed. Tides and winds on the coast for those interested. Oh by the way yet another Full moon Megastorm .

I live in Moosup CT on the RI border about 5 miles from Foster RI. NW RI to Tolland is the big question. Do they get that.. 8 qpf bomb in max snow growth like the 12 z GFS and Euro or is it a rapid meh. Interesting

Hmm. Think an inch or two is safe for you. Cool town name by the way.

Think nw ri and the areas you mentioned is almost unforecastable right now.

Archived