joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-8 for the SE corner of NH? I doubt we see more than that over here. Lots could change, if nothing else this is a dynamic system and will be fun to watch tomorrow. Hoping for mounds of plowable...

Good point...I'm in Atkinson (next to Salem/Haverhill MA) and this could easily be one of those situations where we get 3" and Manchester gets 8".

what do you think this means, i.e. where do you think the bands will set up. I think a lot of the forecasts I've seen are conservative given qpf output.

Depends on the exact track of the mid level low, but I think we could see banding enhancement from western Maine through central and southwest NH into north-central MA.

I think 10-16" is reasonable wherever the band sets up

I like the call for 10-14 for my area as a start. Can always go up from there. :)

I think it may be a bit ambitious but at least we're sure to see some heavy snow for a time and that's something we haven't had for a quite a long time and I'm looking forward to it.

DTs map isnt that bad. These systems of SE Us origin seem to be warmer than advertised. once an area flips to pl/r its hard to go back to accumulating snow, esp without a bombing/bombogenesis low to rid the ml taint and crash cf. 4-8 seems like a good conservative call for here anyway.

DTs map isnt that bad. These systems of SE Us origin seem to be warmer than advertised. once an area flips to pl/r its hard to go back to accumulating snow, esp without a bombing/bombogenesis low to rid the ml taint and crash cf. 4-8 seems like a good conservative call for here anyway.

Don't be a Debbie. :)

OKC 12 inches fail?

IDK where DT came up with his forecast for tomorrow night. Rip and read NAM?

lol yeah, no longer sad about missing out on the storm down there haha. Looks like they got a fair amount of ice and they're getting a lot of blowing snow right now.

DT's map doesn't make much sense to me ... looks like a SWFE distribution more than anything else ... which I agree will be a component, but he's really missing the coastal aspect

You agree all of ORH county is all rain?

Good point...I'm in Atkinson (next to Salem/Haverhill MA) and this could easily be one of those situations where we get 3" and Manchester gets 8".

First post on here...been lurking for a bit, work with coastalwx. I agree theyll be a pretty tight gradient in SE NH. Hopefully we can establish a decent CF to the south and keep the winds more NNE. I think we'll do pretty well, although i wouldnt mind being 25 miles nw.

First post on here...been lurking for a bit, work with coastalwx. I agree theyll be a pretty tight gradient in SE NH. Hopefully we can establish a decent CF to the south and keep the winds more NNE. I think we'll do pretty well, although i wouldnt mind being 25 miles nw.

Welcome aboard, You better go on a posting frenzy if you want to catch Scooter........... :lol:

Archived