12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late December Discussion and Christmas um Event

Cold Rain

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hour 126....its trying to secondary over E NC, but a pretty good run for the most part. I know the snow lovers of GA/SC/NC won't like it so much, but this would be a potential big SVR threat for SE bama, GA and SC, with FL as well. Snow for MS/TN and eventually into N bama.

Thought for sure it would be further SE than it was considering how it looked earlier in the run.....good step in the right direction for the snow lovers though.

12z ECMWF still phases with the northern stream earlier than CMC, at which point the shortwave rapidly cuts off and pulls the surface low westward. I still think with the tendency of the ECMWF to over-phase systems that this one has to be watched carefully. This is the very same scenario that happened back in February, and the CMC correctly kept the two streams separate, which allowed for a more southern track. I wouldn't write this one off yet.

12 CMC:

12zggem500mbHGHTNA120.gif

12z ECMWF:

12zeuro500mbHGHTNA120.gif

Hey, if you can make it be 7C colder, have at it. There isn't 7C worth of cold air left in the pattern, unless the storm shifts south.

Have you ever participated in wxchallenge? If you have you would know how hard it is to even forecast that next day. Even mets fail at it. And you think you can nail down the temp and synoptic pattern this far out? Thats crazy to think so.

I think the trends are more important here. We had yesterdays GFS off runs show basically a miller A, CMC/Ukie today show bascally the same setup. Overall all of the models have been slowly windsheild wiping south/east. The Euro was a step in the right direction. It dug the shortwave deeper, more confluence in the northeast, and a better damming setup. Obviously the end result wasn't what people wanted to see but this is still 5 days out.

Archived