Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late December Discussion and Christmas um Event

Cold Rain

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes even in Buncombe county (Asheville) I have seen storms like this predicted to start as snow and turn to rain after a couple of inches of snow but it never changed to rain and I remember about 2008 Asheville had like 10 inches of snow and was predicted only 2 to 3. Snow never changed to rain and I mean it snowed hard all day long.

Ya I remember that storm also. That was in December I believe and we were not expecting but an inch and we got about a foot were I lived at. The storms coming from the south into the mountains always has to be closely paid attention to.

why is it next week storm is so suppressed to the south just as the cold air comes in from the north. are we ever going to get the moisture into the nc mtns and elsewhere while the cold air is here , seems like getting the cold air and dry or warm and raining. guess i get my hopes up everytime there is a storm and no cold air and now next week we'll have some cold air but the moisture stays to our south. same old same old.

Got a little mix in the forecast again! I'm sure it want amount to anything, but maybe get to see a little sneet....

.MONDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SLEET IN THE

EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SLEET WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SLEET ACCUMULATION. NOT AS COOL WITH

LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

.NEW YEARS DAY...RAIN...SNOW LIKELY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SLEET

IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO

SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE

WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN A

CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.

CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.

well i guess i'll post here, keep getting deleted on the other forum. I will agree with Brick, if I can't have snow I don't want the cold and dry I rather have warm and dry if I can't have snow with the cold.

If they looked like the bolded statement above that might be why your posts were getting deleted. It belongs in the banter thread.

I was hoping for 2 or 3 snowstorms this season and now starting to think we will be lucky to see one good snowstorm. we're starting to see our next chance for winter weather won't be until the end of Jan. was hoping the Jan. 4 storm was ours but its looking less and less likely.

Archived