• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA - 2012 wanes

BTW, once again, the Euro absolutely owned the GFS. Euro basically locked in on this 3 days ago, and didn't budge while the GFS flailed around like a fish.

And yet, I haven't even heard mention of the European model on The Weather Channel in MONTHS. Not one. Not since "Sandy". Why is that? Everything they show is GFS which continually gets its ass kicked by the Euro. All the time. Like Tyson in his prime taking on a gauntlet of infants. Yet nothing.

I have a (bad, probably incorrect) theory on this. Ever since "Sandy", you hear TWC referencing their parent company, Bain Capital. I don't know much about this organization aside from the fact that Willard Romney was involved at one time, but could a company focus on "American exceptionalism" to the point where they order their subordinates to ignore the existence of the elephant in the room?

It's odd...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet, I haven't even heard mention of the European model on The Weather Channel in MONTHS. Not one. Not since "Sandy". Why is that? Everything they show is GFS which continually gets its ass kicked by the Euro. All the time. Like Tyson in his prime taking on a gauntlet of infants. Yet nothing.

I have a (bad, probably incorrect) theory on this. Ever since "Sandy", you hear TWC referencing their parent company, Bain Capital. I don't know much about this organization aside from the fact that Willard Romney was involved at one time, but could a company focus on "American exceptionalism" to the point where they order their subordinates to ignore the existence of the elephant in the room?

It's odd...

Meh...I don't really watch TWC..too much sensationalism. In any case, they aren't the only ones that hug the GFS. KPIT was favoring it over the Euro up until yesterday...not sure why anyone would do that at this point.

MAG or someone can confirm, but eyeballing Euro it looks great. MDT gets around .8 frozen, UNV/IPT both around 1.5 all snow it appears. I am looking at AccuWx pro text but don't know about the mid-levels.

Definitely colder overall, what a run for the JST/AOO/UNV/IPT corridor. 850 temps stay well below zero the whole event as deepening 850 (as well as 700) lows stay south of PA. MDT still with mixing or possibly liquid issues on Euro, but I think Euro could be a little warm at the surface in this CAD setup. But yea MDT gets a good front end thump.

Gonna try to get a map out later this eve when i get a chance.

And right on cue, snow beginning here with our first event.

Archived