Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That region is boring, for the sx stuff you gotta go an hour and a half north toward Lufkin to get into it.

I've been to Lufkin, and its a whole different world up there! The scenary and weather. If I can get some time this spring, I plan on making a few storm chases when the conditions are ripe! Hill country is mighty pretty, but nothing beats home :) I'm enjoying the nice "winter" weather here though, it really does resemble PA's fall, and fall is my 2nd favorite season.

TX seasons vs PA

Summer...Furnance...Summer..Fall

Winter(what spring?)...Summer...Fall...Winter

Potter, I am heading to Wellsville, NY to see the relatives on Wednesday. Look to be in a pretty good spot. Trying to leave early from Pittsburgh on Wednesday to stay ahead of it. I will try to post from there because I know it is not too far North from your stomping ground.

Yeppp, Wellsville is a hop skip and a jump over the hill. Please do post about the storm, will be looking forward to yours and others observations!! Have a merry Christmas guys, and happy holidays to all. My best wishes to the CPA gang from deep south TX!

Hi all.. I usually keep my mouth shut and let the posting to people who know what they are talking about lol. But I am learning a lot.. One question I do have and I know it has not been mentioned in this storm is what exactly is the "benchmark" just curious.. I know that term is used a lot with coastal storms.. Thanks and marry christmas

The 00Z run isn't a true west of the apps cutter this go around, more of a slider. The angle of approach would def change up my snowmap some, but I do like the general idea so far, except all areas north of I-80 in PA look good this run. Hopefully the next round of models continue the consistency in bringing more snow to all the PA folk!

Well this storm is nothing for York,Lancaster. NEXT, week wasted. Good luck everybody else, pretty much same people who have already seen snow this winter. Hell been over a year since last inch. Good luck people, Merry Christmas

Well this storm is nothing for York,Lancaster. NEXT, week wasted. Good luck everybody else, pretty much same people who have already seen snow this winter. Hell been over a year since last inch. Good luck people, Merry Christmas

Now you know how those of us north of 80 felt in 2009-10 when you guys were getting 20"+ while we were getting flurries.

Euro text looks good for the PIT gang as well as JST, AOO, UNV, IPT, and AVP (Scranton). Places like Altoona and Scranton do warm above 0 at 850 (stays freezing at surface) for one frame but thats after damage is done in the form of over an inch QPF that is probably snow. PIT is pushing an inch of QPF all snow and IPT has like 1.4" QPF total all snow (or as wsptwx would call it, 2-4 and a mix haha). Sadly, our Lower Sus Valley gang still is in the toaster with York/Lancaster mainly liquid and just perhaps a brief mix over to rain for Harrisburg.

Euro text looks good for the PIT gang as well as JST, AOO, UNV, IPT, and AVP (Scranton). Places like Altoona and Scranton do warm above 0 at 850 (stays freezing at surface) for one frame but thats after damage is done in the form of over an inch QPF that is probably snow. PIT is pushing an inch of QPF all snow and IPT has like 1.4" QPF total all snow (or as wsptwx would call it, 2-4 and a mix haha). Sadly, our Lower Sus Valley gang still is in the toaster with York/Lancaster mainly liquid and just perhaps a brief mix over to rain for Harrisburg.

Any idea when you think it starts around Pittsburgh? I am driving north on Wed morning.

per wunderground the snow/no snow line generally is Allentown-Reading-Ephrata-York. Heaviest snows generally Central PA mountains through Scranton and north.

post-105-0-85087600-1356330849_thumb.jpg

one three hour window Wednesday evening on snow. Congrats Williamsport.

...copied from Philly storm thread exclusively for wmsptwx! (I don't know how to automatically make the graphic display inside this post---lol)

*********************If this verifies for you, no more negative comments for the entire winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh. It looks like I'm literally going to be on the border with this one...

I'm hoping one more tick SE on the 12Z runs gives us a little front end love before the changeover for 27th storm. With the trends of the Christmas storm still occurring inside 24hrs, I think it fair to say that its a possibility. CAD is one of the few things that the models often underplay here in SC PA and while I'll be in Lancaster for the storm, we are headed to the cabin (Gaines in Tioga) on Thursday morning. Snomobiles, smokepoles and snowplows ready..

WMSPTWX be ready....I'm going to drive by your house and me and my family are going to snowball you on our way through town. I hope this turns your frown upsiddown.

Merry Christmas all!!

Nut

It's a complicated storm, and it appears that I'm in a questionable area so I really HATE to play the how "How much for Philly" card, but what does this look like for a little talked about area (Eastern Schuylkill County) in this forum? As depicted on most model maps, my location goes more the way of HBG, RDG, and ABE. Some snow at the start, then going to sleet/freezing rain, and eventually all rain. Would a safe bet be a 1-4 inch accumulation before the slop fest begins?

I suspect that no one has a clue to what is going to happen, but something is going to happen. tv weather dude Joe Snedeker hasn't been all that informative. My htought is that we get a lot of snow with a bit of ice for wednesday into thursday

if he's not saying much that means its gonna snow

Archived