Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that no one has a clue to what is going to happen, but something is going to happen. tv weather dude Joe Snedeker hasn't been all that informative. My htought is that we get a lot of snow with a bit of ice for wednesday into thursday

I still personally won't believe in a major snowfall until it happens with the way the Wyoming Valley is.

I can't tell if it's east or whatever, but the GFS appears to be great for up here.

Dt , henry & JB snow maps are all looking good for our area...can we pull this out???

I tried to post the other maps but it ( the forum ) wouldnt allow me??

The HPC has the best snow N / NW of us..

day3_psnow_gt_04.gif

day3_psnow_gt_08.gif

day3_psnow_gt_12.gif

accuweather.com

http://www.accuweath...weather/3114006

590x451_12241201_severe3.png

Look closely at the 850/700mb lows-if they stay south/east of you, you're much more likely to stay snow, but if they go to your north/west, you're likely to change over to sleet because mid level warm air wins out. In my time in State College we got burned with that many times (2/14/07 being the most blatant), but hopefully this time you all cash in!! One positive as well is that the precip seems well out ahead of the mid level warmth, so hopefully a lot of it is done before any possible change over.

I'm more uneasy about this being ultimately an elevation event....e.g. mountains significant snow, valleys <4" before rain...

There should be a good amount of CAD drainage-look at the bending isobars. I don't think right now that many people outside the lower Susquehanna Valley see rain. Sleet/ZR I would be more worried about, or a later transfer bringing in more mid level warmth. In storms like this I almost ignore the surface low track and focus on the mid level lows instead for central PA.

Archived