12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that call from Stebo. I mean the best model (EURO) is showing a good hit as far south as CMH. Maybe Stebo thinks a NAM like solution is the most meteorologically sound?

Yeah and the best model was also further Northwest 12 hours beforehand plus as you posted several of the Euro ensembles are left of the op, also the NAM is not alone in the more amplified solution, the GFS has been shifting that way with every run for a day+. No I am not saying it is going to be correct but the evidence is leaning in the direction of a more amplified solution before coastal transfer.

Also one thing to note, even the Euro did this, is that most models are having this vort max start to take a negative tilt as it gets to the Mississippi River, that would tell me a Western solution is in order. The question then becomes how far West and that is a detail that is ironed out in the phasing of the Northern stream.

Worrying about it being too far east 8 hours ago...silly me. Weather is quite the ride sometimes.

Anyway, 0.86" on the NAM for LAF...but we'd be fighting the dry slot for a time.

Needless to say, still a good range of people still in the game...from MO to OH.

What did I tell ya last night. Once one model jumps ship they all do. Luckily for now its just the NAM though. For now.

I would go with 1%. GFS/GFS Ensembles, EURO/EURO Ensembles/ & GEM VS Nam beyond 70 hours. ^_^

NAM is Fantasy land no doubt... At this point with the last storm the NAM was destroying SEMN with crazy amounts of snow and showed Rain for Madison.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/NAM-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2012121700&time=INSTANT&var=PRMSL&hour=084

With all the overwhelming talk in recent days about it being so far east....you dont think its possible all the snow will go W of us, do you? How far NW can this thing go?

It can only go so far West, like I mentioned this is probably the ceiling, I wouldn't be shocked if it corrected back East a touch with time. The right idea is there just the details need to be ironed out.

Archived