Newest Member
    amirah5
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you'll try your hardest!

Honestly, sitting here waiting for the EURO is making me a bit queasy. What a sick freak I am. Over weather. :rolleyes:

Realistically YYZ has been in the sweet spot for as long as I can remember with this storm... hasn't happened too often for you guys in the last couple years. Trust me, a large percentage of us are probably on the same boat there... myself included :arrowhead:

Realistically YYZ has been in the sweet spot for as long as I can remember with this storm... hasn't happened too often for you guys in the last couple years. Trust me, a large percentage of us are probably on the same boat there... myself included :arrowhead:

If sweet spot = maximum amount of snow compared to anywhere else, I don't think we've ever been in the sweet spot. :lol:

GEFS individual members coming out in about 10 minutes. The perfect distraction.

The models were handling the lead vort very poorly and now show it's weak at best. And they were handling the PV split and retrograde West which they are all picking up on.

This is is gonna hopefully help the shortwave pop and close off further North and earlier. The backside jet is better as well. Again, driving the Surface feature more NNE for a while.

That's why I was off my rocker yesterday, but it's weather, so who knows.

I think Det is pretty safe for 6"+ on this one.

I hope you are right. Just one storm of 4"+ last winter, and no 6"+ storms since 10.2" fell on Feb 20/21, 2011.

If sweet spot = maximum amount of snow compared to anywhere else, I don't think we've ever been in the sweet spot. :lol:

GEFS individual members coming out in about 10 minutes. The perfect distraction.

As far as this region YYZ's been pretty close to the highest (1'+) on the GFS... NAM's just getting into your range and the ECMWF was putting you at 1" of QPF for at least a couple runs. Regardless you look to be in as good of a position as anyone

It is of interest (to me, anyway) that half of the 12z GEFS members give northeastern Illinois measurable snow. It's probably on the order of a couple of inches for the most bullish of the members, but that's more than the area has seen so far this season. And, it certainly does not look as great as it does for areas just south and east. With the 12z NAM and several of the SREF members leaning in this direction, it's something to watch, though, I'd say -- especially for the southeast third to half of the LOT CWA.

I'd start hitting this one hard if I were a met especially given the heavy travel period. Locally, liking the potential for several inches with near blizzard conditions. If the storm deepens a bit more than progged then the near blizzard may become blizzard.

Lafayette looking pretty good right now. Here at home it looks like 2-3", wildcard being any lake enhancement--though I'm not too excited about the potential given a relatively shallow cold airmass.

I'd start hitting this one hard if I were a met especially given the heavy travel period. Locally, liking the potential for several inches with near blizzard conditions. If the storm deepens a bit more than progged then the near blizzard may become blizzard.

I don't know if this is a new product, or just new to me, but here is an interesting impact graphic generator from HPC - feeds off SREF.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/impactgraphics/

Archived