12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see that the 12z EURO shows. I remain skeptical of a farther NW track and I really think the Arctic air to the North and Northwest will keep a track similar to what the EURO has been showing in play, and the models tend to struggle with pulling these systems to far into the Arctic air and not pulling the Arctic air far enough South and east. It's interesting to watch an Ohio Valley storm play out from Idaho. Completely objective :) I still believe the heaviest snow will be from EVV to BMG/IND over towards Eastern Indiana and then Western/Northern Ohio.

It will be interesting to see that the 12z EURO shows. I remain skeptical of a farther NW track and I really think the Arctic air to the North and Northwest will keep a track similar to what the EURO has been showing in play, and the models tend to struggle with pulling these systems to far into the Arctic air and not pulling the Arctic air far enough South and east. It's interesting to watch an Ohio Valley storm play out from Idaho. Completely objective :) I still believe the heaviest snow will be from EVV to BMG/IND over towards Eastern Indiana and then Western/Northern Ohio.

I think we are going to see our heaviest snow band line up within 50 or so miles either side of that EVV-MIE line. I'm leaning that it will probably be NW of there through.

Been a while since I've been this excited about a snowstorm for our backyards, though trying to stay a little tempered since it's still 3 days out. Regarding the winds, GFS/NAM mixing heights aren't very deep but both models have 35-40 kts even at 950 mb.

Chad says 1-4" with sleet and freezing rain mixing in. Lock it in. :arrowhead:

850 0 line is within sniffing distance of cmh. riding the edge yet again.... looks like another late nite

Unfortunately even with the 850 line there, 1000-500mb thickness gets to 544 during the biggest 6-hr QPF period. Plus surface temps are just above freezing (although 2M temps could be too warm given NE wind)...I think you guys are sitting a bit better than us in Cincy at this point. Maybe I should drive back to my apartment on campus in Columbus lol

Does the primary hold on longer? Reaction in the SNE thread is that this was a substantial shift towards a warmer solution for them, although I suppose the thermals could be substantially different without the track changing all that much.

I was speaking solely for impact in this region. It is a bit warmer at the surface for Ohio as well.

Unfortunately even with the 850 line there, 1000-500mb thickness gets to 544 during the biggest 6-hr QPF period. Plus surface temps are just above freezing (although 2M temps could be too warm given NE wind)...I think you guys are sitting a bit better than us in Cincy at this point. Maybe I should drive back to my apartment on campus in Columbus lol

Pittsburgh stays cold enough for snow too. Maybe I'm good still being east of CMH. Lol.

Archived