Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.85" all snow

Apparently the WTOD does something... TDZ's temps are above freezing... CLE almost gets sketchy too. YYZ at .77" or so... my adding isn't so great right now.

WTF? .77" with a sfc low tracking basically along the EC. I guess I should be happy but I'm a little apprehensive about buying into such a snowy scenario with that track. Can't think of too many analogues.

I think those from here on to the nw need to forget about this one. Atleast anything decent from it. I suspect most have but just in case..

fairly unsual to see the euro shift nw from a consistent track....then back...and then nw again once in a 96 hr window. I'm bias, but I suspect the mean track from the past two or three days on euro will probably verify. A track either all the way up the apps or to the upper TN valley and transfer. That's not a 12" snowstorm for cmh, and it won't be a blockbuster wound up low, but iit could be a nice 6 incher....and I'll take that and run anyday.

WTF? .77" with a sfc low tracking basically along the EC. I guess I should be happy but I'm a little apprehensive about buying into such a snowy scenario with that track. Can't think of too many analogues.

This whole run seems weird... DTW gets more than parts of NWOH even with that track... I dont have images yet so it's hard to say exactly what it does.

You are on the .75 line..

Congrats to Buckeye and the OH/OH River crew. And good luck to you SSC. :)

Primary must remain stronger than it seems on the low-res free maps I'm looking at. Per Will in the SNE thread, coastal is from DE to SE of LI which is usually a kiss of death here.

And thanks for the well wishes Harry. Might have to fight for this one right to the very end.

fairly unsual to see the euro shift nw from a consistent track....then back...and then nw again once in a 96 hr window. I'm bias, but I suspect the mean track from the past two or three days on euro will probably verify. A track either all the way up the apps or to the upper TN valley and transfer. That's not a 12" snowstorm for cmh, and it won't be a blockbuster wound up low, but iit could be a nice 6 incher....and I'll take that and run anyday.

I'd be pretty happy with that too and with this storm being in the daytime, it will be nice to watch. I put out an early guess of 4-7 inches locally and that still sounds like a good early call. Some 8-10" lollipops are possible and hopefully I can cash in on one of those. The accompanying winds will also make this a good storm too. No blizzard but respectable.

f zone again between me and you. This thing really had potential I thought, too.

Ofcourse this would be the time the blocking works out. Oh well.

I have had concern about the blocking but the hope was the models are too fast/strong with it again. They could still be but yeah hope is fading fast.

Archived