• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5 yrs ago today

CoastalWx

You may ask why a professional met such as myself was stuck.

I prepared for a 4 hour commute, thinking it may be like a 10-20mph ride home. Not 2mph. It was forecasted well, models had a good handle on timing. Never did I think it would be 8-9hr drive.

part of the problem is all the offices let everyone go at the same time right at the height of the storm and it's gridlick city-almost better to wait a couple of hours and then head out

You may ask why a professional met such as myself was stuck.

I prepared for a 4 hour commute, thinking it may be like a 10-20mph ride home. Not 2mph. It was forecasted well, models had a good handle on timing. Never did I think it would be 8-9hr drive.

Why wouldn't you take the day off? Most folks take those kinds of days off or work from home

The one thing great about this storm, was watching the 10" that fell. The Mitchell report was released too, listened to that on air. Eventually, I had to turn the radio off and I had my wife put her phone to the TV so I at least could hear Seinfeld reruns through my cell phone on speaker.

The one thing great about this storm, was watching the 10" that fell. The Mitchell report was released too, listened to that on air. Eventually, I had to turn the radio off and I had my wife put her phone to the TV so I at least could hear Seinfeld reruns through my cell phone on speaker.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

One thing I remember was getting home and my daughter (then 8) wanted to go sledding and of course I happily obliged. We were riding down to go over a little ski jump hill we made. Rushing down the big hill it was as if I was 9. Going over the ski jump weeeee...and then hitting my tail bone when we landed.....me realizing I was 61....lol.

8th grade...got let out at noon. Flurries came down last period that day and by the time I got home there was an inch down and +SN. I was only reading accuweather forums in those days, lol.

Same here, I remember getting out early and pretty much having the house to my self for the night because my nanna was in traffic for hours and my grandfather plowed. Fun times, especially because I didn't drive yet lol.

One thing I remember was getting home and my daughter (then 8) wanted to go sledding and of course I happily obliged. We were riding down to go over a little ski jump hill we made. Rushing down the big hill it was as if I was 9. Going over the ski jump weeeee...and then hitting my tail bone when we landed.....me realizing I was 61....lol.

Your daughter and one of my sons are the same age. They might have met a few years ago at the SNE Wx conf at Dexter S, but I don't believe she was there.

Anywho, 12/13/07 was an interesting storm around here, but as often happens, we were on the outside looking in for the good snows.

Now 12/13/88...that was one where we were inside the snow globe. Better than a foot from a Norlun over parts of central LI.

Archived