Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 15-17th Potential Winter Storm

SpartyOn

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't the west GLC 2 days before keep thie second storm from going that far north?

You would be correct, the first low (which I thought this thread was about) would for the block to force this South. Of course this is hitching upon a lot of things to happen between now and then, so it isn't worth much to gloss over the moving parts.

The model gods are sure yanking our chain by spitting this stuff out after last winter and the way this winter has begun. Please don't post maps like this for me to pull up while taking drink of coffee.

post-830-0-20447400-1355054479_thumb.gif

Let's see if Lucy will once again yank the ball away from Charlie Brown in this timeframe.

The model gods are sure yanking our chain by spitting this stuff out after last winter and the way this winter has begun. Please don't post maps like this for me to pull up while taking drink of coffee.

post-830-0-20447400-1355054479_thumb.gif

Let's see if Lucy will once again yank the ball away from Charlie Brown in this timeframe.

Yes she will which is why fantasy land stuff should stay fantasy instead of forum reality.

But I didn't see any moisture...

Looks like it's roughly in the same spot at 240 that it was at 00z 240...maybe a bit east. This thing is almost a cutoff low.... There is virtually no true deep arctic air in place which means track is EVERYTHING...

this has Ohio heartbreak written all over it.

:facepalm:

Yesterday's CPC 6-10 day analogs had December 18, 2007 as one of the dates. Close enough. :weenie:

You mean Dec 16, 2007?

I wasnt going to post this in here (posted in LR thread) because Im not a fan of week+ out storm threads...but since this thread will apparently continue, might as well.

Interesting thoughts from DT regarding snowstorm threat Dec 18th timeframe

PLAIN ENGLISH NON WEATHER GEEK SPEAK

The weather models overnight have moved towards a solution regarding two potential significant events. The first one is the LOW pressure area for DEC 15 which looks like it's going to track up west of Chicago through the upper Plains. That area is experiencing a severe drought so any sort of snowfall there would help quite a bit but it also looks like rain even as far west the Chicago.

The SECOND and potentially bigger event would be the first major winter storm the season on or around December 18.

A few days ago some of the model data was strongly suggesting this would be in East Coast event but that was premised on the idea of certain things taking place in the atmosphere which enforces the this LOW pressure area to the East coast and not track through the Midwest. That has changed and the overnight weather models continue to support that change. As a result the track now strongly favors the Ohio Valley... With the low pressure area tracking up from Arkansas through Tennessee Eastern Kentucky Eastern Ohio West Virginia and up into the eastern great lakes or perhaps far Western New York State.

This would bring widespread significant if not heavy snow to much of western OH IND ILL MI northern MO... But areas to the east such as the ENTIRE EAST COAST ... even into Boston ...would see a record warm temperatures with strong southerly winds . As the LOW moved the northeast into either the eastern great lakes or Western New York State... its cold front would sweep through the East Coast of heavy showers and thunderstorms summer which could be severe .

This is all assuming that the current model data which came out early Sunday morning is going to be generally correct. The strong model agreement and the overall atmosphere a pattern strongly supports a Ohio Valley track with the system. keep in mind this is NOT yet a frim forecast .. more like a educated discussion.

Archived