12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 15-17th Potential Winter Storm

SpartyOn

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm is going to be rain for much of the subforum, but it will be snow on the northern side... I care about great lakes storms, not just my own backyard... This thread was initially for the Saturday storm and now seems to be the Tuesday event.

Jon

Yep, even though this will be another frustrating cold rain/turning to non-accumulating snow type event for mby, still interested in the likely thin snow band that is likely to exist in Southern Minnesota and C Wisconsin as progged at this time.

Definitely would be nice to get some snow, but at least there should be a nice soaking rain around much of the area with this. We need moisture in a big way. Since Nov 12 we've only had 0.55" of rain, and since Nov 1st the total is only 1.64". We don't have the extreme drought anymore, but we're still in the severe category.

Isn't the GFS and Euro showing a similar track?

Euro looks slightly NW but it gets really messy with the secondary energy...I think we'll see the models trends northwest with this storm today.

EDIT: after a quick look 6z GFS already too a jump northwest from 0z. I haven't been following this event too close until now but i think 12z will take another step NW.

EDIT x2: Looks like 12z GFS will follow the trend towards a stronger storm into the southwest...should come northwest.

Archived