joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Heading into December

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 warmer here, but it blew like hell well into the night last night.

The low was a "mild"  -1.

Now we await our exciting D-1" later today.

16° warmer this morning than yesterday morning.  Stayed above 0 @ +3.3°.  Got a dusting of snow overnight and the wind had blown some snow across the roads in places so not to difficult to see why it was warmer.

Streams and rivers are getting quite iced over and pretty.

Should be a good LES period again after the warmup, post-wed/thurs. next week.

Do you think we could get another cold snap similar to this after the warm-up. I hope so. Heading down to Niagara the week of the 4th for some winter photography!

Looks like Toronto is about to cash in on some LES with this easternly flow...very cool:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=BUF&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Yes, we got pounded in the east end suburb of Scarborough. Intense snow band moved through. Took me 2 hours to travel 25 km (about 10 miles). Was an experience nonetheless. Lake snow is rare in Toronto. Sadly, there was a 60 car pile up about 65 miles east of the city. Highway 401 was closed in that location. There was a 100 km(65 mile) traffic jam from west end toronto to Bowmanville/Newcastle.

12Z GFS would put us in the 50's on Wednesday followed by a quick 4 to 8 wet paste overnight. Deepens wave on front into the low 970's. Wave on front as been hinted on and off. Does it have the right idea? I need a synoptic snow fix. Last one was a month ago. 

50's and 60's YIKES. Can't win this year for snowmobile riding.

Key Revracer,

Hope you got out riding this weekend. I rode 90 miles between Friday night and yesterday. I think the warm temps kill it around here. There is so little water in LES that I find it melts fast. Euro is on board for very warm temps on Wed. as well and some downsloping will help push us up a few more degrees. Kinda of like a few weeks ago when my car therm. had 63 degrees at the mall on that Sunday.

Archived