amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Heading into December

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always been a lurker on the pages relating to the weather in this area...Central Square got hammered sunday night by this type of band got over 2 feet in about 6 hours...keep it coming...as I was leaving house this AM you could see the dark skies to north while we were in sun.  LOOOOOVE IT!

I have always been a lurker on the pages relating to the weather in this area...Central Square got hammered sunday night by this type of band got over 2 feet in about 6 hours...keep it coming...as I was leaving house this AM you could see the dark skies to north while we were in sun.  LOOOOOVE IT!

Welcome to the board!  Yes, that band hit my Dad over in Bernhard's Bay pretty good also....enjoy!

Just talked to my Sis in Parish...6-8" last night and snow just started back up again.

Update from KBUF:

HAVE SLOWED THE SOUTHWARD PROGRESS OF THE LAKE ONTARIO LAKE SNOW BAND BASED ON BOTH RECENT RADAR TRENDS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY...WHICH SHOW THE EASTERN PORTION OF THIS BAND ONLY SLOWLY NUDGING SOUTHWARD AND STILL LARGELY HUNG UP OVER OSWEGO AND EXTREME NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTIES. WHILE WE STILL EXPECT THIS BAND TO SAG SOUTHWARD INTO ENTIRE NIAGARA-NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTY STRIP THIS AFTERNOON AS THE STEERING WINDS VEER A LITTLE MORE...THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON THE WORST OF IT WILL REMAIN ACROSS OSWEGO AND NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTIES...WHERE SNOWFALL RATES OF AS MUCH AS 3 INCHES PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE.

Welcome to the board!  Yes, that band hit my Dad over in Bernhard's Bay pretty good also....enjoy!

Just talked to my Sis in Parish...6-8" last night and snow just started back up again.

Thank you!  I have lurked for ever... even the "old" boards....I keep looking at the cam from the CS highschool waiting to see the change as the band drops and it looks to be starting...I am a weatheraholic...my friends always call me and ask what I think the weather is gonna do...I never claim to know exactly, not did I study weather in school but I did stay at a Holiday inn last night... :mapsnow:

Thank you!  I have lurked for ever... even the "old" boards....I keep looking at the cam from the CS highschool waiting to see the change as the band drops and it looks to be starting...I am a weatheraholic...my friends always call me and ask what I think the weather is gonna do...I never claim to know exactly, not did I study weather in school but I did stay at a Holiday inn last night... :mapsnow:

You'll fit right in here!!

Looks like it's starting to weaken up a little also? It's very slowly moving south.

It's lost it's connection to L. Huron....not to mention, the shortwave impulse that moved across the N. Shore of L. Ontario this morning is gone, so the ehanced forcing of that feature is no longer in play   Many of the meso models have a connection to L. Huron to become re-established later.  The band does not appear it will make a "clean sweep" which means once it connects again, there will be little time needed to "ramp up" the rates.

Ive got a question for you guys...most of the radar sites that I look at only seem to be the US...being where I am sometime it would be nice to see "upwind"...like the Georgian Bay LE connections...where do you guys look? and since Im just a closet weatherjunk... amd I limited to ???? :snowwindow:

Ive got a question for you guys...most of the radar sites that I look at only seem to be the US...being where I am sometime it would be nice to see "upwind"...like the Georgian Bay LE connections...where do you guys look? and since Im just a closet weatherjunk... amd I limited to ???? :snowwindow:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

Snowfall totals so far:

NEW YORK...ALLEGANY COUNTY...   4 SW WEST ALMOND       4.3   900 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   RUSHFORD               3.6   630 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   ALFRED                 1.9   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   1 S WELLSVILLE         1.0   600 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER...CATTARAUGUS COUNTY...   PERRYSBURG            13.0   718 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   SE WEST VALLEY         8.0   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 NNE FRANKLINVILLE    5.0   830 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 SSW FRANKLINVILLE    4.0   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   1 ENE RANDOLPH         4.0   730 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   5 N ALLEGANY           3.0   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 WSW OLEAN            2.5   730 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   1 N LITTLE VALLEY      2.5   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 NE OLEAN             2.0   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...CAYUGA COUNTY...   8 SSE AUBURN           1.2   600 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY...   4 SSW RIPLEY          18.0   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   2 SW FORESTVILLE      13.5  1025 AM  1/21  COCORAHS   SOUTH RIPLEY          13.0  1048 AM  1/22  MEDIA WIVB   SINCLAIRVILLE         12.0   700 AM  1/22  RELAYED BY WIVB TV   1 SW DUNKIRK           6.4  1159 AM  1/21  COCORAHS   NE KENNEDY             4.8   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   4 SSE FREWSBURG        2.0   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...ERIE COUNTY...   COLLINS               12.0   700 AM  1/22  MEDIA WIVB   2 NE BOSTON            9.5   600 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   2 SE GLENWOOD          9.0   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 W COLDEN             8.3   730 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   WSW HAMBURG            8.2   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   2 SSW BLASDELL         4.3   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   2 S WALES              2.5   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   3 WSW ELMA             2.2   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   ELMA                   2.2   730 AM  1/22  RELAYED BY WGRZ TV   2 W WEST SENECA        2.0  1100 AM  1/21  COCORAHS   1 N CLARENCE CENTER    1.1   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 NW WILLIAMSVILLE     0.8   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   3 E WILLIAMSVILLE      0.7   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   ESE KENMORE            0.5   544 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 NW KENMORE           0.4   600 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 SE ELMA CENTER       0.2   900 AM  1/21  COCORAHS...JEFFERSON COUNTY...   MANNSVILLE             7.0  1000 AM  1/22  POST OFFICE   PIERREPONT MANOR       4.0  1000 AM  1/22  POST OFFICE   3 S THERESA            0.3   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...LEWIS COUNTY...   OSCEOLA               15.0  1104 AM  1/22  PUBLIC   HIGHMARKET             2.3   314 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   1 NW CONSTABLEVILLE    1.5   500 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...LIVINGSTON COUNTY...   1 ENE DANSVILLE        2.1   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...NIAGARA COUNTY...   1 NE PENDLETON         1.0   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   1 NNE NORTH TONAWAND   0.4   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...ONTARIO COUNTY...   3 W GENEVA             0.8   800 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER...ORLEANS COUNTY...   4 ESE LYNDONVILLE      2.6   900 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER...OSWEGO COUNTY...   PULASKI               19.0   900 AM  1/22  TRAINED SPOTTER   9 E LACONA            13.0   900 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   4 SSE LACONA          12.7   700 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   SANDY CREEK            8.7   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   SE MINETTO             7.4   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   5 ESE OSWEGO           5.6   600 AM  1/22  COCORAHS   2 SSE PALERMO          4.4   600 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   W FULTON               3.0   800 AM  1/22  COCORAHS...WYOMING COUNTY...   ARCADE                 6.5   700 AM  1/22  RELAYED BY WIVB TV   6 SW WARSAW            5.5   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   3 N SILVER SPRINGS     3.5   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER   PORTAGEVILLE           1.9   700 AM  1/22  CO-OP OBSERVER$$

The band has gotta be about 2 miles to the north of me judging by the radar... it's doing nothing at my house with a little hint of sun out. Thinking it's gonna stay put just to the north of me. Crazy weather haha. Ant sign that it swings a little more south?

The mesos say yes....but I'm thinking that (at least for the next couple hours) Fulton to Paleramo over to between Parish and Central Square are the crosshairs.

I've been flirting with the southern edge of the band since late morning. Got briefly into a heavy squall around 1:30 but it's since let up. Probably received about an inch so far after 2 1/2 inches overnight. It looks like this is going to be the case for the rest of the afternoon.

It's an ugly pattern dominating this winter so far unless you live in a good LES spot. Starting to remind me of some thankless winters in the early 90's. I like cold, but only 4" of snow here total since December. Late week looks like a gonner unless you are foolish enough to bank on the UKMET. Then next week we get a few nice torch days to wash away even the the Lake Plain's snowcover.

stinks! :cry:

I was hoping for at least a day of decent NW flow to get the rest of us here in CNY in on the game...and it doesn't look like Friday is going to really help. IMO there's nothing worse than bitterly cold and no snow. It's literally bare around here

Archived