amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Heading into December

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

landed up with about 3.5" in OP in the first round. don't think the second round will bring more than that. Def not looking good for anything more than a quick 1 to maybe 2 hour burst of snow even for me. think West Seneca north sees less than an inch from this band.

Snowing pretty good right now here. I can see another 3 inches or so which would bring me to over 7 inches.

I'm starting to wonder if that area the NAM-WRF has been highlighting near 00z over BUF is actually not true les, but lake-enhancement with some strong lift along the cold front.

Do you see that rotation right out over the lake near Hamburg? Is that a Meso Low? I love those things, thats the exact way the radar looked when we got 3-5 inches in 1-2 hours 2 years ago.

5.8 inch total for this event, looks to be over for here for now. Southern Tier is going to get 2 feet+ out of this. Holiday Valley is going to be epic this weekend! =)

Just about an inch here.  Had about 20 minutes of heavy snow to at least whiten things up a bit.  Glad southern Erie and ski country are cashing in - snow shoes are definitely getting out this weekend.  

For you CNY and Tughill enthusiasts, if you have not heard, Dave Eichorn's got a gig with Syracuse.Com.  I didn't think he was supposed to start until Feb, but maybe they brought him in early due to this weeks LE bombing:)  He's got a good write up over there and a chat session from earlier this evening.  He's calling about 1'-3' on the Tug tonight.  Once that meso low moves a tad further east, game on!  It's good to have Dave back, really miss him on WSYR.

OSWEGO-JEFFERSON-LEWIS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OSWEGO...WATERTOWN...LOWVILLE
822 AM EST TUE JAN 22 2013

...VERY HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE OFF LAKE ONTARIO
THIS MORNING...

A BAND OF VERY HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS
OSWEGO...SOUTHWESTERN LEWIS...AND FAR SOUTHERN JEFFERSON COUNTIES
THIS MORNING.

SNOWFALL RATES OF TWO TO FOUR INCHES PER HOUR...WITH SOME
ISOLATED SPOTS POSSIBLY SEEING RATES UP TO 5 INCHES PER
HOUR
...WILL IMPACT THE SANDY
CREEK...REDFIELD...OSCEOLA...ALTMAR...PARISH...PULASKI AND
WILLIAMSTOWN AREAS THROUGH 10 AM.

BTW, this whole band is about to begin it's trek southward....at least the portion over the lake....the easter portion over the land always lags...our band will transform into the shape of a ski....running along the southern shoreline, then hooking northward into the Tug Hill region...then later (around 2pm, give or take) you'll see the "ski tip" just break off and we'll have one healthy multi-lake band into S. Oswego Co.  ....absolutely classic setup with all upper lakes eventually feeding/seeding the Ontario band!

I like Revracer's spot! ;)

Archived