northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
November 27th - 28th Storm Observations/Nowcast

twright86

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a really nice band about to hit N Foster. They will probably be the winners in this event if someone held a gun to my head.

That area into adjacent CT is going to get 4-5 there probably with little difficulty. When I looked at the models upon closer inspection, I felt pretty bullish there and into CT.

Maybe someone pulls a weenie 6.

Any chance there is enough moisture in this that I can score an inch?

You may need to wrap the snow guns from WaWa around your neck of ORH gets into the good stuff.

All kidding aside, I think you can grab that..maybe even a hair better, but you are right on the line. Even 10 miles may mean the difference between a coating to half inch and 1-2". It's close.

If you look on radar that band arcing up from ern PA into CT is probably your mid level deformation and frontogenesis band. As you can see, it's different from the band causing the heavier precip and bright banding in NJ. This is likely due to lower level convergence and inflow over NJ.

Your mid level deformation band is caused by frontogenesis at this level and air that is forced to rise at a slantwise angle up and to the NW. Usually just NW to this area is a sharp cutoff in QPF, so you see why areas like HubbDave are on the line.

That area into adjacent CT is going to get 4-5 there probably with little difficulty. When I looked at the models upon closer inspection, I felt pretty bullish there and into CT.

Maybe someone pulls a weenie 6.

I don't know if I'm quite that bullish. The airmass is ugly so we need legit moderate/heavy snow. Not much stickage below 700 feet right now as I am cruising through the CT DOT webcams. Mostly trees and shrubs with grass starting to get thin coatings.

That said, it should ramp up a bit as we go through afternoon. That current band is probably dropping a quick inch near N Foster.

I wonder if a place like Foxborough can weenie out later this evening.

I don't know if I'm quite that bullish. The airmass is ugly so we need legit moderate/heavy snow. Not much stickage below 700 feet right now as I am cruising through the CT DOT webcams. Mostly trees and shrubs with grass starting to get thin coatings.

That said, it should ramp up a bit as we go through afternoon. That current band is probably dropping a quick inch near N Foster.

I wonder if a place like Foxborough can weenie out later this evening.

I think those higher spots could do it..the 4-5 anyways, which is what I meant. Areas in a river valley won't, but higher spots might.

Foxboro may be interesting later on. I guess it just depends on how much moisture moves in. More snow than rain here now, but 36F.

Archived