Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November 27th - 28th Storm Observations/Nowcast

twright86

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intensity will bring the goods. Lack of is a who cares. For that reason, if I cash in you will I think.

Right, if you cash in so will I, my issue is that I'm not sure if we can get into the stuff like the GFS has. I think we will literally be on the line, so it will be a nowcast thing. Temps aloft would support a 32-33F snow right now if we had good rates.

Eh ... most should be impressed with what's likely to be a QPF positive bust - though how much remains to be seen - rather than intoning pessimism. Wasn't really supposed to look so baroclinic clear to southern VT the way it does. Most runs I observed a day and half ago were blanko along Rt 2 where steady -S is taking place. I almost visualized having the sun's pale orb dimly visible with patches of altostratus underneath for the ride in; instead, mirky dark slate gray skies with -S. Hmm.

This is far from a whiff like a day and half ago's misery runs were drearily implicating. Not even close. In fact, there are some 2 to 3 level green banded features on rad over SE NY that may yet cut ENE across central and southern zones (Pike?) regardless of what model says what - that's just a nowcast ob talking. Those NE PA and SE NY bands look vaguely frontogenetic in nature, too. I'd fall off my chair if someone popped a thunderclap - oh man. Products don't show that type of dynamic though.

Anyway, this is a boundary layer issue event. Too warm. It was 35 or 36 the whole ride in to work this morning, with steady albeit very light small aggregates in the air. About that, I found fascinating, though probably tedious for some, that it was 28-32F uniform across the area, then -S broke out and everyone jumped to 35 or 36, actually widening the DP depression - seems pretty straight up anti-intuitive.

Still, smallish aggregates uniform in size here near the junction of the Pike with 495 suggesting cold aloft.

Steady SN- here in Leominster for 2 hours or so. Nothing sticking that I can see.

Nearer to home, it is sticking at Wachusett

Here is a link to their streaming webcam (HD!) and it is a bit "drivable". You can see the snowflakes on it

http://www.wachusett.com/MediaCenter/PicsImagesMore/HDWebCam/tabid/680/Default.aspx

post-270-0-34651900-1354032639_thumb.jpg

Archived