12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who cares who had what in the past. Chicago crew is taking the crappy winter weather since GHD quite well.. can't say the same for others.

Cool story bro, you do realize we all had the same crappy winter last winter and so far have had the same crappy winter this winter, the difference being those of us this way and toward YYZ didn't end up with 20"+ on GHD.

Cool story bro, you do realize we all had the same crappy winter last winter and so far have had the same crappy winter this winter, the difference being those of us this way and toward YYZ didn't end up with 20"+ on GHD.

No **** I realize how crappy its been the last 2 Decembers (4.5 total at MKE the last two Decembers) and winters so I didn't think I had to type out the obvious. Detroit is not going to finish too much below avg this Dec though while Chicago will essentially have a goose egg but they are not in here crying and none from chicago wants anybody to feel sorry for them.. So why do others keep bringing them up? Not even Baum who has a lot at stake compared to some of us who don't even use the snow for anything besides bitching about not getting enough or any snow that they're not even going to go out and use for winter recreational activities anyways.

Cool story bro about Detroit not getting 20" with the GHD storm, I've never heard that one before. As to the not getting 20"+ with GHD.. I can't help you that Detroit south is a snow hole for big storms. 10"+ is not a bad consolation prize tho.

No **** I realize how crappy its been the last 2 Decembers (4.5 total at MKE the last two Decembers) and winters so I didn't think I had to type out the obvious. Detroit is not going to finish too much below avg this Dec though while Chicago will essentially have a goose egg but they are not in here crying and nobody wants them to feel sorry for them.. So why do others keep bringing them up? Not even Baum who has a lot at stake compared to some of us who don't even use the snow for anything besides bitching about not getting enough or any snow that they're not even going to go out and use for recreation activities anyways.

Cool story bro about Detroit not getting 20" with the GHD storm, I've never heard that one before. As to the not getting 20"+ with GHD.. I can't help you that Detroit south is a snow hole for big storms. 10"+ is not a bad consolation prize tho.

I live Northeast of the city and I had less than 10" of snow with the GHD. Plus this is the complaint thread if you don't like complaints don't open this thread, it's not that hard to do.

In all fairness Chicago's winter was totally lame after GHD while SEMI got in on several solid storms...so their suckiness streak has been longer lived. I'd be interested in hearing if Chicago posters think it was worth it...would you have given up GHD for a winter like DTW's for the rest of that year? If you had to go through the same extreme hype up and then let down as the SEMIans did?

In all fairness Chicago's winter was totally lame after GHD while SEMI got in on several solid storms...so their suckiness streak has been longer lived. I'd be interested in hearing if Chicago posters think it was worth it...would you have given up GHD for a winter like DTW's for the rest of that year? If you had to go through the same extreme hype up and then let down as the SEMIans did?

I know if it was up to me, I would take 1 20"+ snowfall over a bunch of 2-4" snowfalls.

I live Northeast of the city and I had less than 10" of snow with the GHD. Plus this is the complaint thread if you don't like complaints don't open this thread, it's not that hard to do.

Stay on topic than.. This is a 2012/13 winter complaint thread.. Not a who is due or deserves more snow because they got screwed by one storm 2 winters ago or w/e sob story's we have of the past. In the end things will even themselves out.

Merry Christmas and good luck with this next storm.

Time to put Santa's shot of crown royal out and snacks for his reindeer and hit the sack.

I know if it was up to me, I would take 1 20"+ snowfall over a bunch of 2-4" snowfalls.

More than just the usual nickel and dime snows Id say tho. AFTER the 10.3" on GHD...DTW had FIVE headline snowfalls, ORD had none: 4.8" (Feb 5), 10.2" (Feb 20/21), 4.1" (Feb 24/25), 4.5" (Mar 5/6), & 4.0" (Mar 10/11).

As I recall, in true weenie form, the Detroit area complaints were GHD and the Chicago area complaints were nothing after GHD :lol:.

More than just the usual nickel and dime snows Id say tho. AFTER the 10.3" on GHD...DTW had FIVE headline snowfalls, ORD had none: 4.8" (Feb 5), 10.2" (Feb 20/21), 4.1" (Feb 24/25), 4.5" (Mar 5/6), & 4.0" (Mar 10/11).

As I recall, in true weenie form, the Detroit area complaints were GHD and the Chicago area complaints were nothing after GHD :lol:.

Not really.. Most of us Chicago peeps were satisfied snowfall wise from a once in a lifetime storm like GHD for quiet a while.

After getting walloped like that and being on a snow-cocaine high with double digit feet drifts of the good stuff lying around, nothing snow-wise really gets you excited. It could have been a shutout after GHD(basically almost was) and we would have been all good with ZERO complaints.

Personally, even with last year's crap winter and this dysmal winter so far I wasn't and am not not really mad at all right now. GHD has satisfied me snow-wise for a few more YEARS at least. It was truly a LEGENDARY storm!

Not really.. Most of us Chicago peeps were satisfied snowfall wise from a once in a lifetime storm like GHD for quiet a while.

After getting walloped like that and being on a snow-cocaine high with double digit feet drifts of the good stuff lying around, nothing snow-wise really gets you excited. It could have been a shutout after GHD(basically almost was) and we would have been all good with ZERO complaints.

Personally, even with last year's crap winter and this dysmal winter so far I wasn't and am not not really mad at all right now. GHD has satisfied me snow-wise for a few more YEARS at least. It was truly a LEGENDARY storm!

Maybe not you, but I definitely remember some complaints about almost nothing after (those complaints really ramped up during last winter). To the bolded...weather is such a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately type of thing for most weenies, consider yourself lucky!

So, yes, I'm major venting right now because I'm ticked. Looking at the radar tonight, one can clearly see the snow JUST stopping before it gets to my area, while Grand Rapids gets a couple inches. soooo, that makes every freakin area north, south, west, and now east having a couple to several inches of snow while I sit in brown hell. What is worse, is This is NOT the first time this has happened in the three and a half years I have lived here!!! I moved to a place that averages 100 inches of snow a year to enjoy WINTER.....not sit here pulling my hair out for weeks on end just to get 1 freakin inch of snow!!!!! ARGH! Unreal...

So, yes, I'm major venting right now because I'm ticked. Looking at the radar tonight, one can clearly see the snow JUST stopping before it gets to my area, while Grand Rapids gets a couple inches. soooo, that makes every freakin area north, south, west, and now east having a couple to several inches of snow while I sit in brown hell. What is worse, is This is NOT the first time this has happened in the three and a half years I have lived here!!! I moved to a place that averages 100 inches of snow a year to enjoy WINTER.....not sit here pulling my hair out for weeks on end just to get 1 freakin inch of snow!!!!! ARGH! Unreal...

eh, Im northwest of you and I have nothing.

you definitely have been falling short of climo but this is an A+ rant. nice contribution.

That's one of the better rants in here!

That band is painfully close to you. That would tick me off too. You have more reason to rant, than I do. You've only seen a trace of snow so far.

If it doesn't snow again this weekend here, I might have to rant too! ;)

Blackrock - I am almost there with you. I am west of GRR and I have a dusting. I haven't measured an inch yet at this winter. While you average more than me, we are both way below normal at this point.

Did you manage to get under that last band? Allendale looks to have gotten dumped on for an hour.

Now we wait to see if we can get the ground covered this weekend......"cringes"

Now this is how we all need to rant.

I picked up 6" of snow today. This was the largest snowstorm in years, yet it didn't feel that exciting. It made me realize that 6" of snow is 6" of snow regardless of whether you've had a drought of storms or a parade of storms. Sure, it was fun to track and it was fun to be out in it during the peak of the storm, but at the end of the day, this was not an 8-12" blizzard. It's frustrating to see a storm track pan out exactly as advertised (especially for a track that was pretty much settled days ago) but the precip was overdone by every model by huge margins here.

This storm made me realize how much I do not care for small storms or snow cover. I'm all about intense snowfall rates, heavy accumulations, strong winds, and other winter impacts. This was a garden variety snowstorm here. I look forward to tracking the next big storm. But after this, tracking any 1-3" clipper or nuisance snows will get a big yawn from me for the rest of the year.

We've seen a few nice storms affect the subforum lately, but unfortunately not everyone has been able to cash in. With that, I present the winter screw zone map as of December 26. This is a general outline of areas that are substantially below where they should be in terms of snow. I realize there are other areas that are suffering, especially the lake belts, but it's hard to get a feel for the coverage due to less data and rapidly changing averages over short distances.

post-14-0-35437800-1356582047_thumb.png

I picked up 6" of snow today. This was the largest snowstorm in years, yet it didn't feel that exciting. It made me realize that 6" of snow is 6" of snow regardless of whether you've had a drought of storms or a parade of storms. Sure, it was fun to track and it was fun to be out in it during the peak of the storm, but at the end of the day, this was not an 8-12" blizzard. It's frustrating to see a storm track pan out exactly as advertised (especially for a track that was pretty much settled days ago) but the precip was overdone by every model by huge margins here.

This storm made me realize how much I do not care for small storms or snow cover. I'm all about intense snowfall rates, heavy accumulations, strong winds, and other winter impacts. This was a garden variety snowstorm here. I look forward to tracking the next big storm. But after this, tracking any 1-3" clipper or nuisance snows will get a big yawn from me for the rest of the year.

Amen. We both got a "screwing" in terms of what models showed. I was pissed all day til I got in my 4wd truck and went driving out some unplowed backroads haha.

Archived