12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/21/12 was looking more impressive at this stage than this junk system is (though that isn't saying a whole lot)...but never say never in meteorology. If we somehow got a last second 50 mile jog northward, then that would create potential for a bust like that.

Certainly not the same but rather the potential for a high omega WAA band interested me.

18z NAM

0.75"+ for ACK

0.5"+ makes it to about the Bourne Bridge.

0.25"+ makes it to about Scituate.

0.10"+ makes it to just NW of BOS

Interesting...

Note - If BL holds right, PHI could have low end warning snows. NJ looks sweet too.

Southern Comfort guy wants to know whether the mets think the 18z NAM would be some snow around the canal?

Southern Comfort guy wants to know whether the mets think the 18z NAM would be some snow around the canal?

Looks like it could be some light snow Tues morning but the winds actually turn more onshore as the low travels south and it would be difficult to get snow right on the water during the afternoon and evening hours once that happens. Maybe ended as some flakes as the inverted trough starts to pull away and the winds turn NNW.

you have to hope it has the precip right but the temps wrong. at face value, it is pretty warm at the surface.

Looks like it could be some light snow Tues morning but the winds actually turn more onshore as the low travels south and it would be difficult to get snow right on the water during the afternoon and evening hours once that happens. Maybe ended as some flakes as the inverted trough starts to pull away and the winds turn NNW.

Thanks to both of you. Too busy to look but per the description it's one of those deals where my front yard it's a mushizzard of rain with some mangled flakes while back a few hundred yards it's non accumulating snow/rain. Water is really warm still.

Kind of nice to see one potentially breaking in our favor.

This almost sounds like a Nino "Pineapple Express" ... geesh. Also, looks like NCEP also biting the winter retreat between D5-10

USED AN EVEN BLEND OF THE 00Z/26 ECMWF AND ECENS MEAN TO UPDATE

THE PRELIMINARY FRONTS AND PRESSURES FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 7. THIS IS

THE FIRST CYCLE IN A WHILE WHERE THERE WAS ENOUGH AGREEMENT AMONG

THE VARIOUS MODELS AT THE MEDIUM RANGE TO CONFIDENTLY BLEND A

SIGNIFICANT CHUNK OF A DETERMINISTIC SOLUTION INTO THE MANUAL

PROGS. THE ECMWF FIT BOTH THE ECENS AND GEFS MEANS THE BEST, SO

ELECTED TO RELY ON ITS MASS FIELDS FOR HALF OF THE BLEND. THE

HIGHEST IMPACT EVENT WILL BE THE LONG DURATION ONSLAUGHT OF

PRECIPITATION INTO THE FAR WEST, WITH NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND THE

NORTHERN AND CENTRAL SIERRA NEVADA RANGE AT THE CENTER OF THE

THREAT. THE CULPRIT IS A STRONG, MEAN TROUGH JUST OFF THE PACIFIC

COAST, WITH UNRELENTING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTERLY FLOW INTERSECTING THE

HIGH TERRAIN OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. THE EFFECTS OF THIS PATTERN

WILL EXTEND ALL THE WAY INLAND TO THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE, WITH

EACH SUCCESSIVE MAJOR MOUNTAIN RANGE NETTING A COMMENSURATELY

SMALLER PRECIPITATION TOTAL. SNOW IN THE FEET IS ANTICIPATED OVER

THE HIGHEST TERRAIN.

ELSEWHERE, A MAJOR WARMING TREND IS EXPECTED, WITH THE POLAR JET

RETREATING NORTH OF THE CANADIAN BORDER BY THE END OF THE PERIOD.

A SHEAR AXIS OVER THE CENTRAL STATES SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAP ENOUGH

MOISTURE FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO TO PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS,

WITH THE HIGHEST RAINFALL AMOUNTS CLOSEST TO THE MOISTURE SOURCE-

I.E. SOUTH TEXAS.

so in a nut shell - everything is bad news today, a to zinc dogshcit - right. got it.

As I look at the later data, RAP etc, all I can think is that come Wednesday the KFS is going to be intolerable doing the ickey shuffle on a couple inches of snow.

i don't think he can do that...it was warning criteria yesterday, then advisory criteria/low-end warning, even advisory criteria as early as this morning. even if he somehow managed 2" of snow, he wouldn't spike the football on this one.

i don't think he can do that...it was warning criteria yesterday, then advisory criteria/low-end warning, even advisory criteria as early as this morning. even if he somehow managed 2" of snow, he wouldn't spike the football on this one.

Yeah I don't think it would be shocking at all if someone managed 2"...if this just ticks north at all, in fact I'd probably expect it for some weenie hill locations in CT/RI....if we see widespread 4"+, then maybe he can gloat a bit.

Archived