Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee +19.5 start to the month.. Madison +21

Nothing but above avg temps until sometime next week.. Glad this is happening early in the month as there is still plenty of time to rack up snow and that's all I'd guess outside of the Tropical Queens, Chicago Storm and Cromartie care about.

Tomorrow should be within 1 degree of normal. High 55° here today.

Cold front should be cutting through Turtle's hood about now.

namncsfcwbg.gif

Tomorrow should be within 1 degree of normal. High 55° here today.

Cold front should be cutting through Turtle's hood about now.

yeah tonight and tomorrow's 30's will feel chilly after the mega torch.. then the torch ignites with a full tank of propane to bring well above avg nights starting tomorrow night with above avg highs.. just might challenge last Decembers torch.

On another note, December has started off incredibly Warm here in the STL. We will have to see a very cold last half of December here to come anywhere near Bastardi's predictions of 0-2F here. I assume he meant F. If he meant 0 to -2C, then 0 to -3.9F or so, yeah ain't happening.

Dec 1st: +20

Dec 2nd: +30

Dec 3rd: +30

Dec 4th: +17

That is a monthly positive departure of +97 so far. If December ended with +97. We take 97/31 = 3.12F+ for the monthly anomaly.

For the 4 day period it's about +22.5F or so for the month.

Averages for tomorrow Dec 5th are 46/30/38. By the 9th they are: 44/28/36

So we can see while STL is not a cold cold climate like up North, we are supposed to be pretty cold at this point.

Going by the NWS forecast we could see this going forward:

Dec 5th: +11

Dec 6th: +11

Dec 7th: +15

Dec 8th: +16

Dec 9th: +16

Dec 10th: +6

Dec 11th: +/-0

So if this pans out and it is subject to change, and it looks like a change down may be needed in Days 9th-10th. But we will see. But just going on this. That gives us a period total of +75.

If we add the +75 to the +97 we have already accumulated that is 172.

If the rest of December was even and the month ended 172/31 = 5.5F for the month.

Or a monthly average of 40.2F which is 20th warmest on record.

Which would be slightly below 2011 at 40.8F.

Yeah, wild times.

I think we are going to cool. We might even drop down a bit from those kind of numbers.

But we might also end up 41-42F here if we get another torch.

We'll See...

Regardless of individual storm trends, I'm really liking SE Wisconsin's chances of accumulating snow in the next week (esp away from the lake). Friday into Saturday is one chance, most likely NW of the city, then another chance with the storm Sunday into Monday. May not be a big storm, but accumulating snows quite likely.

Fun fact: a year ago today, we enjoyed a sloppy but picturesque wet snow in SE MI (would end up being the biggest snowfall til mid-Jan). MBY got 2.4" bringing us to 3.1" on the season, but DTW got 3.4" bringing them to 4.2" on the season which was 1.6" ABOVE NORMAL to date. Today we are at just 0.4". And I have a good feeling in the end we will be putting 2011-12 to shame :)

Archived