• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

Don't see this kind of discussion very often in Dec lol.

Updated disco from DVN....

THE FRONT WILL ARRIVE LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO

THIS EVENING AND SHOULD PRODUCE AT LEAST A SCATTERED TO BROKEN

LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS. SOME OF THESE STORMS MAY BECOME SEVERE AND

A TORNADO OR TWO IS POSSIBLE.

FORECAST SOUNDINGS INDICATE DEEP LAYER SHEAR TO BE ABOUT 35 KT

WHICH IS MODERATE...CAPES 500-800 J/KG...HELICITY 340 M2/S2...MID

LEVEL WINDS AT LEAST 50 KT AND LCL 2500-3000 FT. WATER VAPOR LOOPS

SHOW A DECENT SHORT WAVE COMING OUT OF THE PLAINS WITH 90 METER

HEIGHT FALLS AT 500 MB AT KUNR.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas to remember. :D

But yeah, pattern looks gradient/Nina like as we head past the 10th or so of the month. Currently thinking, northern and western half of the region could do nicely. Of course, if everything goes as planned. I would just like to see some good snowfall in the Midwest this month, anywhere really, even if I'm on the wrong side of it.

I just badly want enough snow to cover the grass for a day or 2 sometime before Christmas to go Christmas decorations peeping and shopping...its really not much fun doing that with no snow like last December.

But I 'd settle for a snowless December up until the 24th in exchange for a February 8th-9th of 2010 type snow event... would make for a real nice Christmas eve and day for a lot of us.

Christmas to remember. :D

But yeah, pattern looks gradient/Nina like as we head past the 10th or so of the month. Currently thinking, northern and western half of the region could do nicely. Of course, if everything goes as planned. I would just like to see some good snowfall in the Midwest this month, anywhere really, even if I'm on the wrong side of it.

Bump troll material for when IKK is getting dumped on and we are getting a cold rain.

I touched 69 a little bit ago but already came back down to 68. Don't see the temps responding to much more upward. As for dvn's earlier note about storms/tornado or two... Hmmmm its possible I think but not likely.

MLI temps are languishing as well, only went up one degree last hour. Record still 4 degrees away. With clouds coming in it looks as if the old record will stand. Still a very impressive day nonetheless.

Bump troll material for when IKK is getting dumped on and we are getting a cold rain.

I'm serious. Snow is really nothing more than a novelty here in LAF, in the grand scheme of things. History/climo says we're due more stinkers in the LAF than not. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff...but I'd sacrifice a few storms early in the hope that it would help the people who rely on it for $$$ (up north obviously, MN, WI, MI). That's just my feelings though...I'm sure others have different opinions. Which is cool.

But if we're getting down to the nitty gritty, and if IKK was getting nailed while LAF 33 and rained...that wouldn't matter as much either. I always pull for them second to LAF. :D

Archived