• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

JB said He thinks at least 50% of the nation would be white on one of these day's Dec. 23,24,25,26,27?

Thought I would throw this out here, to feed the wolves, in case it's just 49% or so...

What is the climatological %age for snowcover for those dates?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to put something positive in this winter .I've read so much doom and gloom this morning I felt this was encouraging.

I have not seen a single met post anything negative about the back half of December yet...I am not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from other than Brick...and if you listen to him...you get what you deserve.

I have not seen a single met post anything negative about the back half of December yet...I am not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from other than Brick...and if you listen to him...you get what you deserve.

Mr Bob

You must have blinder on or maybe you've not been looking at other post.Many have spoke of a torch in Dec on -Patttern Change after Thanksgiving.Some where saying it needed to be pattern change after christmas.

Mr Bob

You must have blinder on or maybe you've not been looking at other post.Many have spoke of a torch in Dec on -Patttern Change after Thanksgiving.Some where saying it needed to be pattern change after christmas.

And you must have gloves on.

I'd write more to rebut but honestly I have no idea what you're saying.

^^This^^

..."other than Brick...and if you listen to him...you get what you deserve."

Plus the double tap.

Why would anyone in the SE be getting discouraged because of a normal start to the month of December? I subscribe to WxSouth - and although I am not comfortable with sharing posts from that site, I can say that I haven't seen anything "discouraging" published there. Last winter must have left people deeply scarred. "Mind-bottling, isn't it?" - Chazz Michael Michaels

What is the all important need for a change from normal, lol? I've been below freezing two out of the last 3 nights, but the rain came last night when it wasn't freezing. All I needed was timing, not cold smile.png I expect the chance of a winter like, or worse, than last year, is about as likely as one much below normal. I imagine, given a choice, even Brick would take normal, over last year, though I know he loves the heat. T

^^This^^

Plus the double tap.

Why would anyone in the SE be getting discouraged because of a normal start to the month of December? I subscribe to WxSouth - and although I am not comfortable with sharing posts from that site, I can say that I haven't seen anything "discouraging" published there. Last winter must have left people deeply scarred. "Mind-bottling, isn't it?" - Chazz Michael Michaels

Your right Robert not discouraged a bit about later in December

US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

November has been a very dry month across central NC thus far. As of the 26th, the Piedmont Triad Airport (GSO) had only 2 days where measurable precipitation was reported, totaling 0.20 inches of rain for the month. The driest November on record at GSO was in 1922 when just 0.27 inches of precipitation was reported. Given the current precipitation forecast through the end of the month, it appears likely that this November will be the driest on record at GSO, even if a few hundredths of an inch of rain fall today. Be sure to check the climate report (CLM) in a few days when the monthly climate is out to see the final monthly total.

http://www.nws.noaa....dex.php?wfo=rah

US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

November has been a very dry month across central NC thus far. As of the 26th, the Piedmont Triad Airport (GSO) had only 2 days where measurable precipitation was reported, totaling 0.20 inches of rain for the month. The driest November on record at GSO was in 1922 when just 0.27 inches of precipitation was reported. Given the current precipitation forecast through the end of the month, it appears likely that this November will be the driest on record at GSO, even if a few hundredths of an inch of rain fall today. Be sure to check the climate report (CLM) in a few days when the monthly climate is out to see the final monthly total.

http://www.nws.noaa....dex.php?wfo=rah

I can confirm the dryness in this area. I'm about 10 miles south of the airport as the crow flies and have a grand total of .32 for the month.

Archived