amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it now - it all makes sense. If you constantly put out there that we will not be this or that....that the thing out in the place will keep us from reaching the temps , etc etc...you will look like a genius if it pans out. The flip side to that is that if it gets good, no one cares what you said - like football. Winning forgives all the bollocks from before.

Brilliant.

You smart rascals know who you are....brilliant.

I get it now - it all makes sense. If you constantly put out there that we will not be this or that....that the thing out in the place will keep us from reaching the temps , etc etc...you will look like a genius if it pans out. The flip side to that is that if it gets good, no one cares what you said - like football. Winning forgives all the bollocks from before.

Brilliant.

You smart rascals know who you are....brilliant.

You like that word "bollocks". :). I think they say that a lot in England. You should work bugger in there too, every now and then. :)

You like that word "bollocks". :). I think they say that a lot in England. You should work bugger in there too, every now and then. :)

It is a great word to use that passes the censors.

And I will, now that you mention it, throw in a few others. For example: Too many are running their north about it not being taters enough because of the ping pong PDO. That's just pony.

JB still big on Japan/Korean modeling and says too many people pay attention to the GFS & Euro only rather than looking at other analogs. Doesn't buy into winter cancel, still thinks pattern change after the 10th is on.

JB still big on Japan/Korean modeling and says too many people pay attention to the GFS & Euro only rather than looking at other analogs. Doesn't buy into winter cancel, still thinks pattern change after the 10th is on.

Noticed on his twitter page he says GFS too warm in east next week.Also much of North America going into deep freeze.I pray he is right.

Jb going to be a rockstar or a hugh hypester in a couple weeks? I hope rockstar!!!

Wow, "most of US in deep freeze" are strong words, especially when he doesn't have two major models to back him up. Yes, a rock star or scapegoat next week it is. Somebody remind everybody to come back and remember this, because I'm not sure I will...

Is there anywhere you can look at the Korean and Japanese modes on each run for free? It seems like we've only heard about these this year. It's curious that the Korean/Jap are both so far apart from the EURO/GFS.

JB really going out on limb considering that major models show little cold in E 1/3 of US through at least 12/19 and with no indication of it

coming in soon after 12/19. Colder via pattern change for central 1/3 of US looks on track. However, the models have really not been progressing it further east due to very stubborn

-PNA. I'm going to continue with my idea of writing off all of Dec. and hoping that we get the cold here in Jan. and, if lucky, in late Dec.

No 1" of ice? darn1t

Larry Cosgrove

This European model forecast panel for surface pressure and 500MB heights should be a reminder not to write off winter (as many are doing, incredibly....). A strong storm will track from northern Texas into the lower Great Lakes between December 10 - 12. The coldest air mass of the season so far will reach most locations, even getting into the Eastern Seaboard for a couple of days late next week. There is a sizable snow or mixed frozen precipitation threat in parts of the Midwest from this feature.

While this is a progressive pattern, the presence of storm energy moving northeastward from Mexico (against a heat ridge over Cuba, the Bahamas and Sargasso Sea) could mean yet another prominent rain threat for Texas and the Deep South even after the early next week disturbance. We need that rain!

post-130-0-27292600-1354659654_thumb.jpg

After a few days, a poll of mets on the American Weather Forum shows 15 meteorologists who do not find JB to be a credible met (in addition to 4 pro forecasters), and 2 meteorologists that do. Including the general population of AmWx, almost 3/4 of those who voted do not support JB.

Please consider this information when looking at and discussing JB's forecasts.

^Im happy to consider it, but I generally reject that notion. If I want to talk about JB and his thoughts, I'm going to do it. We have a thread for it. Not that I'm going to go promoting his views like they're gospel, but I see no harm in discussing.

I agree. Just thought I would post that jewel I found. Thought it was interesting. Makes me and a maybe a few others in our region feel...less isolated with our views.

Ouch... JB is getting denounced by other mets by a large margin. His own community doesn't respect him and he has like a 15% approval rating on this board. I don't understand why so many in the southeast are so supportive of a guy who blows call after call in the name of ratings and hype. JB proved once again how bad he is with the cold December call. Its actually pretty embarassing for the guy and I would feel. Sorry for him if it wasn't the same song and dance over and over again. Find out what model has the most extreme solution and ride it till the bitter end, win, lose or draw.

I agree. Just thought I would post that jewel I found. Thought it was interesting. Makes me and a maybe a few others in our region feel...less isolated with our views.

I don't understand why you even view this thread??? no matter what is posted with JB's name you try to find a way to be sarcastic!!! And search to find something negative about him.... My gosh what in the heck has this guy done to you? If you don't LIKE HIM or always disagree with him, simply don't read his views!!! Or read and don't comment!!!! Just a suggestion!

Ouch... JB is getting denounced by other mets by a large margin. His own community doesn't respect him and he has like a 15% approval rating on this board. I don't understand why so many in the southeast are so supportive of a guy who blows call after call in the name of ratings and hype. JB proved once again how bad he is with the cold December call. Its actually pretty embarassing for the guy and I would feel. Sorry for him if it wasn't the same song and dance over and over again. Find out what model has the most extreme solution and ride it till the bitter end, win, lose or draw.

Ok, let me give it a shot...at least my perspective on it. I think you can enjoy reading someone's comments/forecast/thoughts without supporting every comment/forecast/thought they ever have. Maybe he's wrong 90% of the time. Maybe he's right 90% of the time. I have no idea because I don't care enough to have verify it. He is entertaining, right or wrong. I don't need a voting majority of people to help me decide whether to listen to someone or not. I can make up my own mind about whether or not I put any faith in his forecast.

Personally, I like to come on this board every day and see if, even if the models show warmth, anyone still can see anything to give hope for cold. I like it when I see that because it's fun to read, and because you really just never, never know about the weather. But even though it may be fun to read, I can still use my judgment as to whether or not I think that perspective is likely to verify. JB is always going to point out how it can get cold. I like that. It's entertaining. But I don't always agree with it.

What I can't understand is why on earth it bothers so many people. Every time someone mentions him, here come three more people bashing him. If you want my opinion, the people that go out of their way to condemn him or others for reading him have just as much if not more of a problem than those who follow what he says as gospel.

This is a weather board. He's going to be discussed. That it is such a problem for people is comical. Instead of feeling the need to gripe about it and take votes and polls on it, they should just kindly move along and do something else that they feel is more worth their time.

Make sense?

Ok, let me give it a shot...at least my perspective on it. I think you can enjoy reading someone's comments/forecast/thoughts without supporting every comment/forecast/thought they ever have. Maybe he's wrong 90% of the time. Maybe he's right 90% of the time. I have no idea because I don't care enough to have verify it. He is entertaining, right or wrong. I don't need a voting majority of people to help me decide whether to listen to someone or not. I can make up my own mind about whether or not I put any faith in his forecast.

Personally, I like to come on this board every day and see if, even if the models show warmth, anyone still can see anything to give hope for cold. I like it when I see that because it's fun to read, and because you really just never, never know about the weather. But even though it may be fun to read, I can still use my judgment as to whether or not I think that perspective is likely to verify. JB is always going to point out how it can get cold. I like that. It's entertaining. But I don't always agree with it.

What I can't understand is why on earth it bothers so many people. Every time someone mentions him, here come three more people bashing him. If you want my opinion, the people that go out of their way to condemn him or others for reading him have just as much if not more of a problem than those who follow what he says as gospel.

This is a weather board. He's going to be discussed. That it is such a problem for people is comical. Instead of feeling the need to gripe about it and take votes and polls on it, they should just kindly move along and do something else that they feel is more worth their time.

Make sense?

well spoken

I don't understand why you even view this thread??? no matter what is posted with JB's name you try to find a way to be sarcastic!!! And search to find something negative about him.... My gosh what in the heck has this guy done to you? If you don't LIKE HIM or always disagree with him, simply don't read his views!!! Or read and don't comment!!!! Just a suggestion!

Well...he was recently brought up in another region. Just thought I would share that mods beliefs/statistical fact for lurkers here in the South-East who do not post. Use caution.

Well...he was recently brought up in another region. Just thought I would share that mods beliefs/statistical fact for lurkers here in the South-East who do not post. Use caution.

Everybody knows how everybody feels about him. Even non posters know JB .Don't think need to be reminded about that. Cold Rain said it best in his post.Its just opinions just like all mets not one is always right.

Archived