• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

The closest I came in my lifetime to sniffing such a continous pattern as 1960 would have to be january 2000. We had 3 seperate events back to back in the span of a week. Of course the mac daddy that topped it off left several screwed over just to my west and it was only for about an 8 day span as oppossed to 4 weeks.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wxrisk.com via WxSouth

** ATTENTION ... PRETTY GOOD WEATHER WEB SITE HERE**.

WX SOUTH is run by a skilled Met and his web site is well done. He is More focused on the DEEP SOUTH than I am... but if you are SC TN GA MS AL n FL this guy is hard to beat

oh... and this from Wxsouth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sIjocrJTew

Wxrisk.com via WxSouth

** ATTENTION ... PRETTY GOOD WEATHER WEB SITE HERE**.

WX SOUTH is run by a skilled Met and his web site is well done. He is More focused on the DEEP SOUTH than I am... but if you are SC TN GA MS AL n FL this guy is hard to beat

oh... and this from Wxsouth...

Wow nice comments from DT. Congrats Robert.

I thought you guys might find the State Climate Office of NC's latest entry detailing how Siberian snowfall may impact the AO/NAO a good read. It's part of a series detailing different winter forecasting techniques that will end next Monday with their Winter 2012/13 outlook.

October Siberian Snowfall May Shape NC Winters: http://nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climateblog?id=5

He still on board with 50% of US having a white Christmas? Might have been 60% can't remember. I think normal is like 30%. Just curious, anyway thanks for keeping us po-folks abreast.

Yes he is. He has also been saying that the latter half of December will be very active and cold.

"US weather Dec 6-20 looks wild... brief milder period plains and east before, then look out." He made that post on Twitter on Nov 20th I believe. Yeah the 6th was a little early, but that's still a decent time frame when all looked lost Nov. 20th....we'll see what happens next week.

He doesnt know what he is talking about. He is just all hype.. only been talking about now since before Thanksgiving. Just look at the mood on here this past Saturday

He didn't get the name Bustardi for nothing! Sometimes when you swing you get a hit.. But it's not here yet, but looks more promising..

Yes he is. He has also been saying that the latter half of December will be very active and cold.

"US weather Dec 6-20 looks wild... brief milder period plains and east before, then look out." He made that post on Twitter on Nov 20th I believe. Yeah the 6th was a little early, but that's still a decent time frame when all looked lost Nov. 20th....we'll see what happens next week.

I actually have been partying more than normal. I think its all the fiscal cliff, post-election, holiday stuff tho...but who cares? It's been wild!! post-866-0-14431500-1355350464.gif

JB is not throwing in the towel (surprise folks)...He believes one of the systems coming up is going to "snap the rubber band" and set everything in motion for the east coast. Does not like the idea of a storm cutting toward the lakes in and around Christmas but instead, one on the east coast.

JB is not throwing in the towel (surprise folks)...He believes one of the systems coming up is going to "snap the rubber band" and set everything in motion for the east coast. Does not like the idea of a storm cutting toward the lakes in and around Christmas but instead, one on the east coast.

JB was wrong about a cold december... maybe this time he will be right. Keep moving the goalposts joe you're bound to hit something eventually.

JB was wrong about a cold december... maybe this time he will be right. Keep moving the goalposts joe you're bound to hit something eventually.

JB gets an F for Dec. as far as I'm concerned. This is very likely going to end up one of the warmest Dec.'s for the E US as a whole. He was downright horrible!

JB gets an F for Dec. as far as I'm concerned. This is very likely going to end up one of the warmest Dec.'s for the E US as a whole. He was downright horrible!

Yes he didn't do well like most others. However, I'd wait before handing out the grade and the "among warmest on record" tag. Though that can easily be accurate.

Tw

Yes he didn't do well like most others. However, I'd wait before handing out the grade and the "among warmest on record" tag. Though that can easily be accurate.

Tw

Yeah, the first 21 days of this month as a whole are looking to be close to the warmest on record (since 1950) for the E half of the US. The last 10 days are probably looking to be be fairly close to average as the best guess for the same region. With that in mind, Dec. 2012 will almost definitely average along the warmest since 1950. That could quite possibly even be the case even if there were to happen to be an Arctic outbreak for the last few days. There's way too much warmth to overcome with any significance. JB is in very deep doodoo for Dec. since he called for cold and he fully deserves to be called out on it.

Archived