Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it to the banter thread please.

Anyways, the trends are encouraging. The fact that the models are showing the lp in the gulf is promising, we can see if it trends colder as the days go by, just get the SE the precip.

As I mentioned in an earlier post.....I will take a Miller-A track in the winter anytime. If there is no cold air, then "so be it". Folks need to remember that the storm track is a very important player as well. I still don't see how we can get through the next two weeks without a SE winter event

203573_356106867752708_851678921_q.jpgWxSouth

CFSv2 Has historic Winter Storm look mid and late January in Southeast to MidAtlantic. Locks hard core Winter pattern into February as well

41785_157306594301935_8179370_q.jpg

Later this morning, we will have detailed updated on Saturday snow potential, with accumulation map....

203573_356106867752708_851678921_q.jpg

not impressed with NC mountain snow chances.Warm advection very strong, 850s too warm first half of event, but Boone cools at end for some

He still on board with 50% of US having a white Christmas? Might have been 60% can't remember. I think normal is like 30%. Just curious, anyway thanks for keeping us po-folks abreast.

Yes he is. He has also been saying that the latter half of December will be very active and cold.

"US weather Dec 6-20 looks wild... brief milder period plains and east before, then look out." He made that post on Twitter on Nov 20th I believe. Yeah the 6th was a little early, but that's still a decent time frame when all looked lost Nov. 20th....we'll see what happens next week.

He doesnt know what he is talking about. He is just all hype.. only been talking about now since before Thanksgiving. Just look at the mood on here this past Saturday

He didn't get the name Bustardi for nothing! Sometimes when you swing you get a hit.. But it's not here yet, but looks more promising..

JB gets an F for Dec. as far as I'm concerned. This is very likely going to end up one of the warmest Dec.'s for the E US as a whole. He was downright horrible!

JB still going with 50% of conus having a white Christmas? Haven't heard/seen anything lately. He may just end up being right if the timing works out on next weeks storm. He would need the inland runner/miller b scenerio to play out in order to verify from his earlly December call.

For the record, despite busting big time on temps, JB did manage to verify on his 50% CONUS snow cover prediction.

Charles Ewing Fox8 WGHP

On Saturday night, I hinted that Thursday, January 3 could include wintry weather. The key would be if the moisture in Florida could work back into the Piedmont. On Sunday it looks like the moisture will remain south and east of us. For snow lovers, the winter season is just beginning. You still have the rest of January, February and even March.

Archived