joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we revive one of the numerous jb threads and make it a super thread for all jb stuff. Lumping in robert with jb does him no justice. Robert is many times better than jb will ever be.

I have never said jb better. Several have asked to post some thoughts. A moderator told me to limit info as they are paid sites. Recommended to one thread. So you need to talk to them. When i did it i told them to change whatever they wanted

WxSouth on Facebook...

"I've been studying the verifications and overall stats from the Beijing Weather Model. I have to admit thats one astounding model. Just looked back at its old 1 month, 2 month and 3 months outlooks and individual weeklies for the Northern Hemisphere, going back to last Summer. I saw that it nailed the flow virtually all over the NH, including the early June cold in the Eastern US, The Big Heat Wave in July over the US, and the recent blocking episodes.

The implications of this is very big in my opinion. I just looked strongly at it's weeklies and monthlies for upcoming Winter. It's maintaining a strong Block at northern Latitudes all Winter. Again, who knows if it will get this right, but already it has sniffed out the upcoming Big Alaskan/Bering Sea Block and the Negative NAO period to some degree, and it's very latest outlook just kicks the blocking into much higher gear as the Winter goes along, starting...Now.

If this model is right at 5H, then The Southeast and Eastern US are in for one W-I-L-D Winter coming up. Just check out this Upper map showing the heights. I'll have more in depth study showing some of it's big calls earlier this year on the website in the next day or two as time allows.

The One Big strike against it is that it totally missed last Year's record warmth in the US (he later added a comment that he meant to say it missed last winter's warmth), so it's not always that good. Right now though, as of most of this year, it's been on a great streak with excellent calls so far. We'll see how it does this Winter. In this image below, keep in mind this is a 3 month average 5H look, what it's doing is bouncing the ridging (or blocking) between Alaska region and Greenland, such that when averaged out, it shows major above heights throughout Alaska, Canada and Greenland. This will force the Southeast to be below normal temps with active storm track. If this type of 5H occurs, then Snow and Ice are a Given in The Southeast and East Coast (especially MidAtlantic) this Winter."

DT (wxrisk) added a comment saying that the model is very good and that he uses it all the time

I don't know much about wxsouth and wxrisk. I know wxrisk can come off as very condensending and rude sometimes. I wish American Wx would post on facebook more like that, though.

I would think you are quite familiar with wxsouth. That's red-tagger FoothillsNC who has posted for quite a while on this site and the previous board.

I don't know much about wxsouth and wxrisk. I know wxrisk can come off as very condensending and rude sometimes. I wish American Wx would post on facebook more like that, though.

I'm planning on starting a blog system for our mets to use and plan on expanding it to a partial subscription service. It'll be a great way to keep our mets involved with the board while potentially making some profit off of their insight.

I'm planning on starting a blog system for our mets to use and plan on expanding it to a partial subscription service. It'll be a great way to keep our mets involved with the board while potentially making some profit off of their insight.

Sounds good. I just think some more posts on facebook would be great if it looks like something good or big could be coming up, like some thoughts on the models and such. Not sure who takes care of the facebook page, though.

Powerstroke what's bellsouth's thoughts on the cold that may be coming?

Not Powerstroke, but I can tell ya.

He basically hates the GFS (especially the ensembles) and loves the Euro. However he buys the GFS op runs except for the ones that are warm. He thinks we're in for the big cold shot.

Do you mean a blog located away from this board? Also, trying to figure out who benefits in this scenario...where are the profits going? The awesome aspect about this place is the free exchange of thoughts/ideas between mets and non-mets alike....maybe I'm missing something.

Do you mean a blog located away from this board? Also, trying to figure out who benefits in this scenario...where are the profits going? The awesome aspect about this place is the free exchange of thoughts/ideas between mets and non-mets alike....maybe I'm missing something.

No, it's all on this board. There will still be free exchange, and even with a pay subscription to access extra data/commentary, keeping them tied to the site will allow continued free communication with the board members. Many mets know their insight is valuable. We want to keep them here.

WxSouth on Facebook...

"I've been studying the verifications and overall stats from the Beijing Weather Model. I have to admit thats one astounding model. Just looked back at its old 1 month, 2 month and 3 months outlooks and individual weeklies for the Northern Hemisphere, going back to last Summer. I saw that it nailed the flow virtually all over the NH, including the early June cold in the Eastern US, The Big Heat Wave in July over the US, and the recent blocking episodes.

The implications of this is very big in my opinion. I just looked strongly at it's weeklies and monthlies for upcoming Winter. It's maintaining a strong Block at northern Latitudes all Winter. Again, who knows if it will get this right, but already it has sniffed out the upcoming Big Alaskan/Bering Sea Block and the Negative NAO period to some degree, and it's very latest outlook just kicks the blocking into much higher gear as the Winter goes along, starting...Now.

If this model is right at 5H, then The Southeast and Eastern US are in for one W-I-L-D Winter coming up. Just check out this Upper map showing the heights. I'll have more in depth study showing some of it's big calls earlier this year on the website in the next day or two as time allows.

The One Big strike against it is that it totally missed last Year's record warmth in the US (he later added a comment that he meant to say it missed last winter's warmth), so it's not always that good. Right now though, as of most of this year, it's been on a great streak with excellent calls so far. We'll see how it does this Winter. In this image below, keep in mind this is a 3 month average 5H look, what it's doing is bouncing the ridging (or blocking) between Alaska region and Greenland, such that when averaged out, it shows major above heights throughout Alaska, Canada and Greenland. This will force the Southeast to be below normal temps with active storm track. If this type of 5H occurs, then Snow and Ice are a Given in The Southeast and East Coast (especially MidAtlantic) this Winter."

DT (wxrisk) added a comment saying that the model is very good and that he uses it all the time

Robert knows how to get the weenies going doesn't he? Sounds great. The only think that tempers my enthuseasim is that DT stated he uses this model all the time. I don't find DT to be very accurate as far as I remember. If he uses the model all the time, can we really trust it that much? It's hard not to get excited though when Robert starts getting excited.

Yo, how much we talkin? pimp.gif

I say we revive one of the numerous jb threads and make it a super thread for all jb stuff. Lumping in robert with jb does him no justice. Robert is many times better than jb will ever be.

Maybe you'll get some snow this year and feel better about things. JB called Sandy a long way out and was also out in front on the cold December. Just sayin'. No need to pit one met vs. another. They all have thier ups and downs.

TW

Maybe you'll get some snow this year and feel better about things. JB called Sandy a long way out and was also out in front on the cold December. Just sayin'. No need to pit one met vs. another. They all have thier ups and downs.

TW

You are exactly right. Anybody that follows jb knows he has been dead on this year on all aspects of weather. Robert is by far the best in the southeast. Its not a competition.

I'm going to avoid the jb bashing and leave it at this. I don't agree about his accuracy this year.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that. bag.gif

It's good to hear about a new innovative way to keep mets here...no offense...but a 6 sentence hint serves no justice and probably no market value for them. It's tough enough to try and bring them up or appraise them...because the average joe does not have access to their information.

Archived