Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

WxSouth

It's going to be a cold day, temps won't get out of the 40's Birmingham-Atlanta-Charlotte-Raleigh-Richmond. If you've noticed, your locals probably dropped their forecast highs today from several days ago , about 10 degrees. Next up will be a developing wave on a front that brings rain to Southeast, but could** be snow in eastern Kentucky, West Va, northern VA including DC, and Maryland to the Northeast by Tuesday into Wednesday.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Severe Weather Eastern NC

FREEZE WATCH has been issued for the following counties in Eastern NC until Sunday AM.

In North Carolina: Hyde, Dare, and Tyrrell County.

Side Note: Freeze Warning maybe issued. This will end growing season for the area. Please bring in your pets from outside. Unhook your water hose from freezing your pipes.

No i just think its funny how all want to bash jb. I dont think he is right all of the time at all. However doesnt matter if he is right all bash him. He is a forecaster just like you and others. Many busted last year including Robert. I dont see any bashing him. I like to listen to all forecasters but i do give credit where credit is due. Admit it or not jb is one if the best at recognizing patterns. Some like him so i post some of his thoughts. I dont care who is right as long as i get wintry weather . Anyway happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

I agree with you totally.

Sorry to disappoint you but he is straight

Thanks Watson.

Ray's Weather Center

One of the biggest Appalachian November winter storms ever began on this day in 1950. Snow totals for Nov 25-29 were: Boone 10", Jefferson 6.5", and Asheville 3". Record low temperatures were set (-3 degrees in Boone, -26 degrees atop Mt Mitchell).

Severe Weather Eastern NC

Time to bring out the heavy stuff this morning. Current temps in the low 20s to low 40s across the SWENC viewing area.

For Today: Sunny Sky. Highs in the low to mid 50s.

For Tonight: Clear and Cold. Lows in the upper 20s to low 30s.

Is jb still calling for a cold december and a fab feb?

He's busy with that NE storm in a few days but as far as patterns, he's big on the Korean model...mid Dec trough for eastern seaboard and then he's going back to his earlier years with the 50% snowcover by Christmas (based on the Korean, if it's right). He hasn't officially made the 50% snowcover forecast as far as I know but he mentioned he wouldn't be surprised. So yeah, he hasn't given up hope, yet.

I see some are moving the goal posts now. Not surprising as we saw it all winter last year.

Up to this point - seasonally - what has been abnormal? I've been at or just below normal (temp wise) for half the year (including the summer). I'm still somewhat perplexed as to why we all expect December to be cold in the first place. For the SE, meteorological winter months verses when it actually feels like winter aren't usually on the same page. If we're having this discussion in January, then I'll be tying the rope around both of us and jumping...

Up to this point - seasonally - what has been abnormal? I've been at or just below normal (temp wise) for half the year (including the summer). I'm still somewhat perplexed as to why we all expect December to be cold in the first place. For the SE, meteorological winter months verses when it actually feels like winter aren't usually on the same page. If we're having this discussion in January, then I'll be tying the rope around both of us and jumping...

You may misunderstand me. I still think winter holds lots of opportunity for snow and cold. That said I was never a fan of the December talk. Ill take my chances in January and don't mind punting most of december. That said some were touting December as rivaling the 09-10 winter which sure doesn't look very accurate.

You may misunderstand me. I still think winter holds lots of opportunity for snow and cold. That said I was never a fan of the December talk. Ill take my chances in January and don't mind punting most of december. That said some were touting December as rivaling the 09-10 winter which sure doesn't look very accurate.

I'm with you on the December quandary. It simply is not statistically/historically a cold month. I do like the fact that I've been on the lower end of the temperature balance for the last six months. I'll take that going into January any day.

It's November 26th. Maybe you should wait until December before scoring ones forecast. As of right now the ensembles and the weeklies as well as the CFS looks good for mid Dec on.

JB said He thinks at least 50% of the nation would be white on one of these day's Dec. 23,24,25,26,27?

Thought I would throw this out here, to feed the wolves, in case it's just 49% or so...

49% and JB will say he was close enough and nailed it. Anything above 40 and he'll just attribute the rest to melting overnight on the 27th lmaosmiley.gif

Archived