• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

We had a dusting of snow overnight. Now that we are into November and many have seen some snow is it time for a new thread?

Yep, definitely time to switch to winter. Most of us have seen at least snow showers by now, some of us accumulating snow, too.

As Borderwx said, "What a week!?" 3-4 day storm totals are 8-12" higher elevations of the northern Greens and now the sun is out.

Looks like mid-winter out there...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, definitely time to switch to winter. Most of us have seen at least snow showers by now, some of us accumulating snow, too.

As Borderwx said, "What a week!?" 3-4 day storm totals are 8-12" higher elevations of the northern Greens and now the sun is out.

Looks like mid-winter out there...

Good call scott

Snow stuck around quite a bit today, even in some relatively open areas. Pretty impressive cold for a full sunshine early November day. Looks like the high at MPV was 34F. 26F here at home right now.

How much snow did you guys get around there? Now that the NWS website is fully up and running again, I was just looking at some of the obs from yesterday and MPV had some impressive snow obs...the first 1/4sm snow obs by an ASOS of the season.

The heavy half-inch coating in Stowe melted by yesterday afternoon and then another dusting last night melted quickly today.

Good snow obs from Montpelier...

Also should mention I'm now tallying snowfall for the ski resort since significant snowmaking operations have begun and we are now in November. I do not count October snowfall. For this past event I'm going with 10" at the summit (the settled snow depth at the Co-Op) and I think that's a legit starting point. It may have been more with proper snow board technique, but settled depth will work for now.

Also should mention I'm now tallying snowfall for the ski resort since significant snowmaking operations have begun and we are now in November. I do not count October snowfall. For this past event I'm going with 10" at the summit (the settled snow depth at the Co-Op) and I think that's legit. It may have been more with proper snow board technique, but settled depth will work for now.

Put it in your sig!

Put it in your sig!

Haha I may... I have sigs turned off so I don't see them and would fear I'll never update it.

Still 10" up there again today...

DAILY HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL DATA

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

514 PM EST TUE NOV 6 2012

STATION PRECIP TEMPERATURE PRESENT SNOW

24 HRS MAX MIN CUR WEATHER NEW TOTAL SWE

...VERMONT...

MOUNT MANSFIELD 0.07 27 8 22 CLEAR 0.5 10

How much snow did you guys get around there? Now that the NWS website is fully up and running again, I was just looking at some of the obs from yesterday and MPV had some impressive snow obs...the first 1/4sm snow obs by an ASOS of the season. I

The heavy half-inch coating in Stowe melted by yesterday afternoon and then another dusting last night melted quickly today.

Good snow obs from Montpelier...

By the time I got home my son had pretty much trampled all the snow down, however. I stuck my pinky finger in a plant pot on my deck there was between a quarter and a half inch. Feel free to use this highly accurate and scientific method to perform your own measurements! LOL!

hows the sun and ski inn scott?

Never been there... seems decent. Has the only mini-golf course in town but that's only open during the summer/fall tourism season. No mini-golf in the winter, haha.

Its one of those places you park outside your door but they always seem to have a lot of people there so it can't be bad... haha.

Never been there... seems decent. Has the only mini-golf course in town but that's only open during the summer/fall tourism season. No mini-golf in the winter, haha.

Its one of those places you park outside your door but they always seem to have a lot of people there so it can't be bad... haha.

well I booked 3 nights there so I hope it's nice lol

Also should mention I'm now tallying snowfall for the ski resort since significant snowmaking operations have begun and we are now in November. I do not count October snowfall. For this past event I'm going with 10" at the summit (the settled snow depth at the Co-Op) and I think that's a legit starting point. It may have been more with proper snow board technique, but settled depth will work for now.
We had our first teens of the season at the house this morning PF, and the elevations I’ve looked at in the Northern Greens from 4,000’ on down to the lowest valleys suggest it’s all 20 F and below. I suspect wetbulb temperatures are such that you guys must be obliterating those early routes at the resort with snowmaking. Personally I’d prefer another foot of natural snow in terms of skiing, but I have to think that the amount of snow you guys will have blown during this period will have some staying power as a base for when more natural comes.

Looks like a whiff for most of NNE tomorrow-Thursday. Forecasting Thursday for Bennington and Windham counties for VTrans, so that'll be fun...maybe 1-3" for them.

Agreed. Small storm. Sharp cut-off with precip. Don't see this being much of an event beyond the Mass border and/or the catskills.

Maybe some noise out of NH...I could see the whites sneaking a 5-6 out of this event.

Archived