joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

close, but no cigar. 12F. heavy sparkle frost on everything. single digits still elude us here on the hill.

can feel the blood getting thicker:)

what did IP and SLK make it to?

Cold climate you got north of me in the Greens.

I can always look at your obs and add a few degrees, though MVL got close at 14F ;)

Looking forward to more pics this winter from the Jay area.

Nws here still says 1-3". What do you think dendrite?

T-1"? It's not looking good. There's still >10C 2m dewpont depressions all the way down into NE MA. This happens from time to time with the first early synoptic snowstorms. Last year CNE/SNE jackpotted while extreme NNE didn't do as well. Then there was the Foxboro special a few years ago in October while it mostly rained up here north of the upper low.

It would've been nice to sneak in a few inches before the couple weeks of dullness. Maybe we can squeak out something toward the end of the month.

Um sooooooo GYX just up totals to 3-5" in Grafton county...wth are they doing.

GYX has had their strong moments and I have all the respect in the world for their METs, but I've noticed in the 3 years I've been in NNE, they have also had many, many poor forecasting performances.

The differences between Littleton, NH and St J are laughable sometimes during bigger winter events. Usually, BTV has the right idea, but sometimes GYX comes up big.

Like c'mon...BTV is going 20% chance of SN- tonight, and GYX is going 1-3" over the NH border. They need to communicate either way.

We had our first teens of the season at the house this morning PF, and the elevations I’ve looked at in the Northern Greens from 4,000’ on down to the lowest valleys suggest it’s all 20 F and below. I suspect wetbulb temperatures are such that you guys must be obliterating those early routes at the resort with snowmaking. Personally I’d prefer another foot of natural snow in terms of skiing, but I have to think that the amount of snow you guys will have blown during this period will have some staying power as a base for when more natural comes.

Clearly the snowmaking must have been decent because I saw on the Stowe website that they'll be opening for a Killington-style day for Seasons Pass holders on Saturday. I don’t think I recall them doing this sort of thing before; it seems like a nice touch.

I had 1-3" here , We got 2", GYX had 1-2" , So they were spot on, Don't think you can blame them for anything, I don't think there was any NWS office forecasting some of the hefty totals down ct way as they adjusted on the fly, So i guess technically you could say they busted down there.

We are fianally joining the party with some light snow falling. 31° right now.

Just looked at MPV's obs for the past three days. They have only reported 4 hours AOA freezing, peaking at 34° with their 14:51 reading on the 6th. The low was 15° yesterday morning at 06:51. That's a pretty good cold shot for early November, especially considering that there was a lot of sun at times.

I had 1-3" here , We got 2", GYX had 1-2" , So they were spot on, Don't think you can blame them for anything, I don't think there was any NWS office forecasting some of the hefty totals down ct way as they adjusted on the fly, So i guess technically you could say they busted down there.

My comment was more directed at the lack of communicating between CWA borders. This was a very hard forecast, no disrespect whatsoever.

Archived