• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
November obs and banter

Ian

thanks, Wes! I (along with my entire division) am losing my job next month so I'll have all winter to watch it snow. but, and I'm sad to admit it, it does sting to have missed seeing it snow even just for a few hours today.

Sorry to hear about the job loss, as much as we do not get along i sincerely hope you find a new one fast.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commuting 40 miles everyday from 1000 ft elevation to sea level can give you an interesting birds eye view on Climo. That is why Baltimore County breaks itself down to two school zones with the Hereford Zone to the north. Climo at home is identical to what PSU Hoffman has in North Carroll. It is very elevation based in marginal events. I have been at work with rain just to see it snow in Hunt Valley, or Herford, or sometimes Parkton. There have been time periods where snow cover is all over Northern Baltimore County to nothing just south of a given exit on I 83.

I have less personal interest for snow in Reading or Harrisburg as I am closer to Baltimore and drive to the harbor everyday. There are thousands who do the same, even driving as far as parts of the DC metro. If Im at work late and the rain snow line is setting up nearby I appreciate the reports. I like the reports from NOVA as well because if there is a regionwide storm I know that is heading my way within an hour.

I must LOL--

There are two other posters in LYH proper who ONLY post when it snows, and a guy or two from ROA (Where I work) It's not the end of the world. People just need a home. People seem to feel the need to pee on threads to mark it as theirs. smile.png

you guys could go in the WV subforum so you'll have 7 posters to banter with.

Plenty of time to work out the details:

That being a cold front, its pretty easy to forecast the next panel.

You got it.....partly cloudy, cold, and windy.

Hey, it's only Nov. 27, we had snow falling this morning.....not too bad.

Now Bob, we need you and Wes to get this massive -AO going, and get us some real snow around here.

Make it happen.

That being a cold front, its pretty easy to forecast the next panel.

You got it.....partly cloudy, cold, and windy.

Hey, it's only Nov. 27, we had snow falling this morning.....not too bad.

Now Bob, we need you and Wes to get this massive -AO going, and get us some real snow around here.

Make it happen.

LR gfs has high heights plastered all over the pole region. Pac is looking better too. Everything is on track for something "interesting after next week. How interesting? Heh, who knows.

LR gfs has high heights plastered all over the pole region. Pac is looking better too. Everything is on track for something "interesting after next week. How interesting? Heh, who knows.

pretty soon it'll be cartop season here in the lowlands. #woohoo

Bob's idea might work. We should just do micro threads that correspond to the micro climates or micro political subdivisions. Bethesda, Rockville, Columbia, Baltimore, Towson, Hunt Valley, Bel AIr, and the People's Republic of Dundalk should have sepetate threads where posting is strictly limited to local residents. Foreigners from Manchester or God forbid the distant lands of Shrewsbury or Hanover should be banished or labeled as bush dwelling monosyllabic barbarians prohibited from providing observations, except for maybe in the Republic of Dundalk thread.

you guys could go in the WV subforum so you'll have 7 posters to banter with.

If they are west of the appies, don't really fit with the CAD issue.

The RIC Thread-- not really, we do much better snow wise.

DCA area thread-- close in climo over the years but events don't always match up-- we are usually in on the HECS, but small and medium vary.

SE thread-- in 2 out of 100 years or approximatly 2% of the years my numbers match up down there.

We haven't even had a cartop in the highlands. So I think we are all pretty desperate to see something after last years no show of a winter.

Both you and I got shafted in the same lull between the bands. There was a band that set up in S. Lancaster Co. into N. Baltimore Co. but that was just rain. Then the band just N of us us was dropped 1-3" just above Lancaster City then in Northern Dauphin there is reports of 3-4".

This was not a elevation event, this was a latitude event. The highlands where you are are 800'+ and you didn't even get a cartop while just N of Lancaster (300') they got 1-3"

Bring on the -6 AO.

Archived