Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Sandy Obs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record, and to check in. All is well at the Voyager household. No property damage and never lost power. The big thing I guess I can take away from Sandy is her low pressure. Even at some distance from the COC, I had a low reading of 963mb at her closest approach.

Survived the night, but at some point had a ton of wind come through.

We never have lost power. In fact very few have list it - and PPL was restoring power to people all day:night somehow. Simply amazing.

that wind early this morning between 130-4 was a little un-settling. no way in Hell could i sleep

i honestly feel blessed this morning. While looking around last night and this morning in other threads, as well as watching the news, many, many people are in bad shape in NY and NJ.

Often on this forum i see posters who almost seek and want destruction, which makes question their sanity. i guess i have seen enough death and destruction that i'm not interested in seeing any more. For me, part of being a weather enthusiast is the early detection/warning, so as to save lives and property. I can't imagine someone wanting the carnage that is in NY.

Anyone who has witnessed death/destruction doesn't wanna see it again, it changes you forever. Witness 1st hand the loss that some of these people have today and your thought process will forever be changed.

My heart truely goes out to everyone who is affected. And to all the police, ems and firefighters who stood their ground last night saving lives and property, i tip my burnt up leather helmet to you!

MDT says their highest gust was 52. I wonder what the actual highest gust for the city and immediate west shore communities were?

well, i have no data to back me up, but it was higher then 52. During Irene we had sustained winds at 35 i think and gusts to 57. imo, the gust yesterday and early am exceeded that (57)

i honestly feel blessed this morning. While looking around last night and this morning in other threads, as well as watching the news, many, many people are in bad shape in NY and NJ.

Often on this forum i see posters who almost seek and want destruction, which makes question their sanity. i guess i have seen enough death and destruction that i'm not interested in seeing any more. For me, part of being a weather enthusiast is the early detection/warning, so as to save lives and property. I can't imagine someone wanting the carnage that is in NY.

Anyone who has witnessed death/destruction doesn't wanna see it again, it changes you forever. Witness 1st hand the loss that some of these people have today and your thought process will forever be changed.

My heart truely goes out to everyone who is affected. And to all the police, ems and firefighters who stood their ground last night saving lives and property, i tip my burnt up leather helmet to you!

I, too, question those hoping for high winds/destruction/devastation. I'm all for anomolous weather, but not at the expense of lives and property. I've been in the midst of a hurricane, it's not a good feeling. Total helplessness. You do what you can, but at some point, there is nothing to do but wait and pray. The aftermath doesn't bring any solace; you're subjected to some of the most grotesque, vile images you'll ever see. I won't go into detail, but there are things I wish I could forget.

Glad to hear everyone (in our neck of the woods) made it out ok. Prayers for those in the midst of devastation.

+1000

Great post earlier Sauss about the carnage mongers.

No big issues here in Manheim. Saw a few trees down but none looked like they hit structures or over roadways. Chickies creek was close to the road in the low areas but looked like it never made it over. We lost our phone service (Verizon, big surprise) but it's now back. Lights flickered at least 7 or 8 times but never went totally off.

Guess that's about it. Thoughts and prayers go out to those in NJ and NY. Looks like they took a real beating.

West Virginia is getting pounded by snow now. Wouldn't it have been nice if we could have finished this super-storm out with snow.

Red house WV has 26" of snow.

Myself I feel pretty blessed....Not really any issues from this storm. My oldest son is without power for a couple days,but that's it.

My heart truely goes out to everyone who is affected. And to all the police, ems and firefighters who stood their ground last night saving lives and property, i tip my burnt up leather helmet to you.

Well said my friend

Archived