• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Sandy Obs

Folks who remain north of the 850/925 center will get it the worst tonight as a surface-based MAUL (Moist Absolutely Unstable Layer) develops. That should allow very efficient transport of momentum to the surface, especially if precip is falling. It looks like along and north of the I-80 corridor for that.

Here's what I'm talking about:

post-175-0-66974200-1351558539_thumb.png

Interesting....that probably explains the strong gusts we've been seeing near NYC and Allentown even though they lack precipitation.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I mean State College, Williamsport, and all those areas further north like csnavywx said.

And of course, PSU texts everyone that things are back to normal tomorrow. Bold call.

Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, since we seem to be going through the worst of it right now and things should improve by daybreak. It's been nasty outside but the power's stayed on and flooding really isn't much of an issue.

Of course as a PSU student I will still complain about it on facebook lol.

Been calmer for the past 20 minutes, no strong gusts (relatively speaking). I hope this continues.

yep....however, i have no idea what to expect from now through overnight. can't get a radar, tried looking on local stations, just can't see? I guess i'm going to bed, whatever happens, happens..if i wake and have power, great,if not, we'll figure it out, ya know!

Been calmer for the past 20 minutes, no strong gusts (relatively speaking). I hope this continues.

Maybe what I had earlier made it to you. Winds are really cranking here and the roar coming from the ridgetops is unreal. Had a few flickers and dim downs, but somehow we still have power.

Jmister is there anything to that curvature coming on the Jersey Shore? Could that have high winds with it?

I bet those areas of banding forming off the coast contain very strong wind. Since the storm should be slowing, I am not sure if or when those bands will pivot back to us. If they do, enhanced gusts seem a good bet.

Archived