joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hvy banding east of Monmouth propagating wwd. Belmar and Sea Girt gusting to 50-55mph.

Meanwhile here in Colts Neck my highest gust has been 37mph thus far. Almost 1" of rain.

I'm up to .8" in Piscataway. Winds are gusting more consistently. I would say some approaching 40 mph.

People are posting of 70+mph gusts but I'm not seeing that anywhere yet. Some gusts to 60mph along LBI and near 60mph on Long Island. Most ASOS are in the 45-55mph gust range along the coast.

Rjay reported 77 in Merrick, without question I think thats close to what it was, we had about a 3 minute span around 130 where it was going pretty crazy here, probably spent most of it over 60 mph.

Rjay reported 77 in Merrick, without question I think thats close to what it was, we had about a 3 minute span around 130 where it was going pretty crazy here, probably spent most of it over 60 mph.

I can confirm that to here in central Nassau. Was in a middle of a field at that time and must have been 60+ here as well.

People are posting of 70+mph gusts but I'm not seeing that anywhere yet. Some gusts to 60mph along LBI and near 60mph on Long Island. Most ASOS are in the 45-55mph gust range along the coast.

i always take stuff on here with a grain of salt...im on the south shore on LI and the trees have barely bent. MAYBE a 40+ gust, maybe. It will be interesting to see who winds up right in about 8-12 hours. The end of world activists or the downplayers...

Archived