Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

57kts JFK.

thats insane.. Im 2 miles away, east...i havent experienced anything of the sort. There are loads of very old/tall trees around me and I was very worried about them..but they have barely had their leaves ruffled...

but i guess, like in the winter, everyone always talks about prolific snowfall amounts and im always at half of the others...

How will the massive surge affect wind potential? I'd imagine a lot of energy is being dissipated in moving all of that water and that may lessen the wind threat to some extent?

This seems backward to me. In order to move that much water you would have to have a huge and strong wind field. The wind begets the surge.

Where on the sout shore? There have been multiple busts of 60 mph winds..now he hit the 70s. Its not constant. Its been coming in bursts the last a few mins.

woodmere...but in general, there must be something about this area that shields us from the worst of all elements...

there was just a 57kt gust at JFK so its clearly legit.

see my responses...im not saying its not right. im just surprised.

and there is very little in the way of sustained winds...just stood outside for 3 minutes, one strong gust for 3 seconds.

Archived