EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merrick..south shore of Nassau. Im standing outside on merrick ave south of Merrick rd

As usual we're an epicenter of power outages looking at the LIPA map...so far 5-6 different outages in Merrick alone. We're on borrowed time up here north of Sunrise with all the trees, we rarely if ever can survive these without going out.

Its early but so far you can clearly see the effects of a N-NE wind vs. E-SE on the power outages on LI vs. Irene....much less outages over 5-6 hours of winds of this magnitude on the N direction. Obviously, we're aided a bit by drier ground and alot of weaker trees being gone too.

will be e se later though

under performing up this way so far. no rain, just light wind with occasional gusts. I think up are just too far away tucked in the hills to experience anything life threatening. but i know down the coast alot of you are going going to experience it. GL down there!

Even down here we're not mixing completely as some people thought. We've seen 50-55kts but we have 80kts at 900mb....I still think we see gusts to 70 with the immediate beaches, especially on the twin forks and coastal NJ seeing 80, but people saying gusts to 95 or 100 or even 85 5, or even 10-15 miles inland I still think are out to lunch.

Archived