joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS still trying to get Sandy to produce a "baby low" via the vorticity exchange between Sandy and the NATL low... despite the further distance between the two on this run. This isn't helping.

Yeah that's weird looking...like this little appendage..lol.

The real kick in the nads would be a late capture and we end up with diurnal cold air CU from the ULL lol. Lots of time left.

Just went back and checked the last 4 runs of the ECMWF ensembles. The trend from the ensemble mean has been west towards SNE with position of the center of low pressure. And stronger with minimal central pressure. I know that we are ~6 days away, but currently we have agreement between three ensembles (cmc, gfs, ecmwf) and the ecmwf operational. Someone has to blink first (us or the models) when it comes to this potential storm and I have to say, my eyes are getting dry and really starting to hurt.

Get your candles flashlights and gennys now. This weekend all hell breaks loose at the stores

My sister buying a generator tomorrow. She just needed a gentle push. My brother in law will not be pleased.

I think the phrase "utter devastation and calamity" may have had something to do with it.

I am going to bed after this post but UK at face value a trough over Eastern US sfc and aloft a lot of rain 120-144 hours @ 144 hours (from 00z tonight) Hybrid "Sandy" approx midway between BDA and Yarmouth,NS

BUT Looking at 24 hr 500 millibar HEIGHT CHANGE CENTERS totally different : Sandy cannot be that far east due to HUGE 24 hour HEIGHT rises and I do mean HUGE.... from east of Newfyland southward to east opf Sandy

Haha Just saw the page still open on my browser. Good DT impression if thats what you were going for.

Anyone that knows Lanza knows he doesn't hype

Matt Lanza

Game on New England.

Think people in New England and Long Island should begin prepping for hurricane type impacts Sunday night to Tuesday morning. I have questions as to HOW strong the impact will be, but it's looking significant.

Has Gibbs fed you any thoughts yet?

as usual i will be paying closer attention to gefs this far out. they have been trending a bit better for storm potential.

I have heard some mets say the GFS was the clear winner in the tropics this year so , hoping at least the gefs stay somewhat phase happy

GFS has done well, but when he best model in the world latches onto something and has run to run continuity its time to take it seriously by Thursday morning if it still has the same or similiar solution.

WWBB was epic that first week of March. :lol:

I wish some of these guys making incredible statements could go back and read. I am very surprised at some of the absolutes I read today. A gradual ramp up seems prudent. Sure today has an incredible amount of agreement but as we know this is a storm that needs perfect timing and 6-7 days out is not the time for absolutes.

Archived