northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the long range, while the pattern kind of stinks, all ensembles eventually try to rotate the PV more into Siberia.Might be good for snow cover build up there, but it also tries to raise heights in the AK area despite a -PNA look. In general, it will turn milder after this coming weekend and then we'll see what late month brings.

Not sure about a torch, normal to slightly above outside this coming weekend, yes but when you start week one at +6 its hard to come in negative, who knows.

It could be really warm at times...the ens have some high departures in the extended. I was hoping it could be muted a bit, but given the long term pattern we've been in and the pattern we're facing I'd lean warm overall after this weekend. Maybe it's more of a torchy overnight min deal again? We'll see. At least it's only October.

Happy Columbus Day everyone! Stuck at work on such a beautiful day. Nice crisp fall fall air this AM. 37F.

Been busy with work and soccer. Daughter broke her finger Saturday while playing goal. :( Won't be able to play for 4-6 weeks. Got spring tryouts the next couple weeks. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Tomorrow not looking great at this point.

Tomorrow will feature two areas of rain perhaps. One area associated more with a strong LLJ and WAA regime. That may be closer to the Cape and offshore. Another area is a stripe of rain associcated with mid level frontalgenesis and weak WAA. That may be more across CT and central MA? It may congeal a little more over eastern areas tomorrow, but two separate mechanisms for generating rain at play. Kind of cool anyways, but I'm sure most on here don't care. If this were two months from now, you would be.

post-33-0-17037100-1349703653_thumb.gif

post-33-0-99179200-1349703642_thumb.gif

post-33-0-98252000-1349703665_thumb.gif

Tomorrow will feature two areas of rain perhaps. One area associated more with a strong LLJ and WAA regime. That may be closer to the Cape and offshore. Another area is a stripe of rain associcated with mid level frontalgenesis and weak WAA. That may be more across CT and central MA? It may congeal a little more over eastern areas tomorrow, but two separate mechanisms for generating rain at play. Kind of cool anyways, but I'm sure most on here don't care. If this were two months from now, you would be.

post-33-0-17037100-1349703653_thumb.gif

post-33-0-99179200-1349703642_thumb.gif

post-33-0-98252000-1349703665_thumb.gif

Yeah, I would be pissed

We've gone nearly 18 months without any real sustained EPO blocking. Its quite tough to get large negative departures here when you can't get that type of blocking. The airmasses get quite modified quickly otherwise. The transient type blocks really don't get the job done.

Archived