Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNE?

Yeah...wherever this wave forms. It might not occur if convection doesn't form...but it's the right environment. I'm mainly thinking of something that only weakly resembles that CT deal...like what it looked like near the Delmarva where only hints of it were beginning. It basically acts to focus heavy rain on the nrn and wrn sides of it.

I could see either or. Some signs point mild for now.

2002 was the classic. Torched until mi October and the light switch flipped and the rest is history. Thqt winter doesn't get it's due respect around here for:

Cold

Snow cover duration

Incredible February.

Tainted but fun storms 12/25/02 and 1/2/03.

Top 10 day out there

And that swampy area on Rte 68 that changes early is well underway now

Agreed!

Love these east breezes, mega family is about to descend on the LL landscape, I hope ya'll enjoy this wonderful day the heavens have given us.

Peace to all my sisters and brothers.

This is the state of our trees in the Northern Greens... not much change but a gradual dulling of the green and a few changing trees.

As I feared, this dry summer may result in poor foliage... just dull color and shriveling leaves.

Beautiful day though, spent up top there at the top of the Gondola at 3,700ft. Temps in the low 60s with a breeze. Light jacket type weather all day.

I have a Charity Golf Tourny in Townsend Wednesday Morning. Not looking too good huh? I called the girl in charge today to ask if there was a rain date and she told me that they were working on it as we speak.......was so close to saying that I could make her decision for her about whether to cancel or not. lol

This is the state of our trees in the Northern Greens... not much change but a gradual dulling of the green and a few changing trees.

As I feared, this dry summer may result in poor foliage... just dull color and shriveling leaves.

Beautiful day though, spent up top there at the top of the Gondola at 3,700ft. Temps in the low 60s with a breeze. Light jacket type weather all day.

An awful lot of yellow down here. I was wondering if that had to do with the precip. Hopefully, reds and oranges will kick in as the season kicks into higher gear. But, the yellows are disconcerting.

High temp of 72 at the Pit--bit of a low bust.

I went hiking up Monadnock yesterday before the rains came in and the leaves were pretty much all green in that area still aside from the occasional stressed tree on the side of the road that was starting to turn.

Also, despite LL's protestations, the oak tree-acorn disaster leading to big winter is well known by many. Last year showed it works in lean years, I think this year will show it works in more plentiful years.

Edit: There was a disturbingly high number of men with pony-o's making the early morning monad climb, wasn't sure what to make of it.

We've got some of the local maples showing a tinge of orange now...on the corner of those trees that lose their leaves way before anyone else.

But nowhere near the widespread peak foliage that has erupted in GC.

Scott's forecasting widespread stress will be impacting trees in Wormtown over the coming weeks. :)

Archived