Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah was thinking that this morning. It's going to be tough until we see where the mesoscale features develop.

The Euro liked down here, but the GFS and climo would argue a little more north. NAM was a deluge. I guess my concern would be for a low to develop in CNE or NNE with Tuesday's heavier rains there, and Wednesday is more fropa rains instead of a stalled front with a weak low. I guess we'll see how the 12z runs do.

It's the Red Oaks this year. They're loaded. Only good thing is the heavy yrs tend to be snowy . I've noticed that since I've lived here. Last year we didn't have any

I would take acorns over these dam helicopter seeds that the maples drop. These trees shed two different things in the Spring and early summer. A complete disaster.

I honestly didn't know....I thought maybe it was your thoughts since you love to talk torch.

I like to talk about current weather, and currently its been above normal for 18 months, coming off one of the top two worst winters of all time and currenly in the warmest year in recorded history. When the weather gets cold again, and below normal and when we get some snow I cant wait to talk about that. I certainly am not moving months around and claiming march now a spring month lol.

When is the cold~below normal regime coming?

I like to talk about current weather, and currently its been above normal for 18 months, coming off one of the top two winters of all time and currenly in the warmest year in recorded history. When the weather gets cold again, and below normal and when we get some snow I cant wait to talk about that. I certainly am not moving months around and claiming march now a spring month lol.

When is the cold~below normal regime coming?

Longer lasting? Not anytime soon. I mean we could have a few days cooler than normal for sure as Leslie passes east, but I don't see a prolonged cool down. It's tough to get those this time of year anyways. I could see Novie coming in cool, but that is sort of a WAG.

It's the Red Oaks this year. They're loaded. Only good thing is the heavy yrs tend to be snowy . I've noticed that since I've lived here. Last year we didn't have Set

Did a 5k yesterday 1758 was my time..i lift a good amount and run short distance...doubt i can do better then that....

Longer lasting? Not anytime soon. I mean we could have a few days cooler than normal for sure as Leslie passes east, but I don't see a prolonged cool down. It's tough to get those this time of year anyways. I could see Novie coming in cool, but that is sort of a WAG.

I think October is below, with snow late month hopefully.

First dry day we'll I'll have all weekend today. Dews finally dropped overnight..and no downpours today like the last 2

Fixed. Many of us had a beautiful late summer weekend feeling like early fall.

Acorns are just pounding down.. And they are gigantic :axe:

No worries of that here. While we have a few oaks in the wooded areas, it's all maples (and a couple of cherry) in the lawned area.

Sun's disappeared in fog/haze that developed right after the sun rose. Looking forward to it clearing out for possible Greylock hike.

I've been trying to do more cardio and less weight...more reps etc. Strength wise, I'm happy where I am at..but time to look ahead when you're 33. Gotta stay healthy and not hit the weights like you did 10 years ago.

Yeah you can still lift,, but no need to be bulky. Cardio and heart health is far more important. Just lift for strength and run for health. Get yourself more into running and we'll run a 1/2 marathon together or something.

Fixed. Many of us had a beautiful late summer weekend feeling like early fall.

No worries of that here. While we have a few oaks in the wooded areas, it's all maples (and a couple of cherry) in the lawned area.

Sun's disappeared in fog/haze that developed right after the sun rose. Looking forward to it clearing out for possible Greylock hike.

Well no because you've deforested the entire area

can you imagine if we see above normal thru the holidays into Jan. Some will completely snap.

Well we have had a warm run. Almost the complete opposite in Seattle and Portland and now that has snapped over there. Climo always balances out. We've had such lousy Springs and then the last 4 of 5 have been great. Funny how things can balance out. I do not expect 16 months in a row of below normal wx though. That is nearly impossible to do this day and age.

Yeah you can still lift,, but no need to be bulky. Cardio and heart health is far more important. Just lift for strength and run for health. Get yourself more into running and we'll run a 1/2 marathon together or something.

You know what my big problem is? Dam shin splints. I don't know how to avoid it. I thought new shoes would help, but it helped very little. It pisses me off.

You know what my big problem is? Dam shin splints. I don't know how to avoid it. I thought new shoes would help, but it helped very little. It pisses me off.

Did you go to a running store? You really have to. They put you on a treadmill and film you. They can tell how your feet are pronating and landing,, and will get you into the right sneakers. You really have to do that

Did you go to a running store? You really have to. They put you on a treadmill and film you. They can tell how your feet are pronating and landing,, and will get you into the right sneakers. You really have to do that

You might be right. It may be a form issue. I mean..I think my form is ok...but it's probably something stupid that I'm doing.

Archived