• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA thread - Spring-like weather now, but...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading that since we are on west side of storm...and 150 miles inland our impacts would be limited a bit. Also further north this goes like canderson stated..the lesser impacts we would feel.

as of now, we will have prolonged winds sustained 35-45 gusts to 60 + 6" rain?

edit-besides if it does shift north, we will still be impacted. it would probably have to hit boston for us not to be seriously impacted

Stopped by walmart on the Carlisle Pike earlier to pickup some extra water and a backup flashlight and the place was busy but not packed. However, they were cleaned OUT of flashlights. Seriously, some mini-mags (hell for $7 I picked up a couple) and the big police style maglights. Water was also really picked over so atleast some people are getting the message that it could be bad

Stopped by walmart on the Carlisle Pike earlier to pickup some extra water and a backup flashlight and the place was busy but not packed. However, they were cleaned OUT of flashlights. Seriously, some mini-mags (hell for $7 I picked up a couple) and the big police style maglights. Water was also really picked over so atleast some people are getting the message that it could be bad

Boscovs has LED battery operated camp style lanterns for $12, i bought 2. thought that was a good price, if i don't use them, they'll still be handy to have around.

I'm trying to follow this storm with my iPad instead of my computer. Any must have apps?

Anyone who lives near harbor freight they carry led lights and battery value packs reasonable.

Looking at the GFS it appears the worst is going to hit Pa. On Tuesday?

Gov. Tom Corbett has declared a state of emergency two days before Hurricane Sandy is supposed to hit Pennsylvania.

50-70 sustained?

gust maybe... doubt sustained except possibly for far east PA if it makes NJ landfall... Sandy would have to really strengthen to get near hurricane force winds far enough into PA for any of us to experience it... gusts on the other hand with the large wind field likely and interaction with upper level winds could possibly reach that

gust maybe... doubt sustained except possibly for far east PA if it makes NJ landfall... Sandy would have to really strengthen to get near hurricane force winds far enough into PA for any of us to experience it... gusts on the other hand with the large wind field likely and interaction with upper level winds could possibly reach that

Thank you, that makes me feel a little better. I'm scared of wind, being in two tornadoes growing up did it (I still love storms, but wind freaks me out).

0z NAM is quite a blow for PA... that is a lot of rain in a short period... short term flash flood guidance is around 2-3" for a lot of areas across the state for 1 hour... may be tough to see that... but over several hours small streams will rise rapidly despite being low now... all of that rain with tropical storm type winds is where the most concern for PA lies

***edit: oops yes I meant 0z :-)

12z NAM is quite a blow for PA... that is a lot of rain in a short period... short term flash flood guidance is around 2-3" for a lot of areas across the state for 1 hour... may be tough to see that... but over several hours small streams will rise rapidly despite being low now... all of that rain with tropical storm type winds is where the most concern for PA lies

You mean 0Z, lol

Last year with Irene we had the wind but little rain when thinking tropical system... with remnants of Lee we had an endless plume of tropical moisture that triggered the heavy rainfall in short time periods over a few days that lead to the flooding... Sandy could wind up with wind similar to what we had for Irene mixed with the rainfall from the remnants of Lee... so that is part of why it is considered historic... nothing like this has ever happened

Archived