• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
August 2012 Severe Thunderstorm/Convection Discussion

earthlight

Looks like moderately strong winds straddling the Union County/Middlesex County border. You can actually see the decreased reflectivities behind the main bow with the descent of the rear inflow jet causing the bowing. Definitely the place to be.

I'm hoping it clips me up here in Jersey City.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in this area and the storm proving to be more bite than bark...no lightning, some wind before the rain and maybe 5 minute of downpour before just a lighter rain now

We actually had some pretty strong winds just now...stronger than what we experienced in 7/26.

You can always tell when there's a good wind storm coming in my area since we're settled under the watchung mountains. They make this really cool humming sound as the winds approach.

Usually, during the big blizzards..the sound continues during the height of the storm. I heard it just a few minutes ago as the storms came in, and lo and behold, we had some moderately strong winds.

Yeah I wasn't around for the last 2 to compare but definitely some impressive winds

Looks like pretty strong winds straddling the Union County/Middlesex County border. You can actually see the decreased reflectivities behind the main bow with the descent of the rear inflow jet causing the bowing. Definitely the place to be.

I'm hoping it clips me up here in Jersey City.

Archived