northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
August 2012 Severe Thunderstorm/Convection Discussion

earthlight

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blizzard you hear that? Next stop is SWish suffolk...bring in the patio furniture...seriously though, maybe this one holds together nicely for the south shore

haha atleast your rooting for me, im looking at it on grlevel3 right now. its looks pretty healthy but time after time of getting burnt (because of where i am) has made me weary of any severe storm heading towards me. but this storm def looks like its delivering for alot of people including mother natures best friend, earthlight. :whistle:

Severe winds must be in Bayonne/northern SI. Received very heavy rain, decent lightning, and gusts to about 40mph. Area of severe winds would appear o be localized and just passed right over the ASOS. Did get pictures of a decent shelf cloud as the storm rolled in.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that a downburst passed just south of me. Winds ahead of the storm were out of the west as expected, but suddenly switched out of the south, causing rainsheets to hit my front door, which is unusual. That would make sense iif the strongest winds went just south. I'm mobile - did buoys in the harbor report anything of note, around Robins Reef?

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that a downburst passed just south of me. Winds ahead of the storm were out of the west as expected, but suddenly switched out of the south, causing rainsheets to hit my front door, which is unusual. That would make sense iif the strongest winds went just south. I'm mobile - did buoys in the harbor report anything of note, around Robins Reef?

A friend of mine texted me reporting severe winds near the Verrazzano Bridge just a little bit ago.

Archived