• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

I don't know what you mean by this sentence. You said poll people with 90/70 or 20/2 which made no sense at all. I didn't say there was a right or wrong answer...just saying what the general people like.

I am sure the general populous enjoys lower humidity, this entire conversation has become played out. Its hot, warmest year ever, 17 in a row blah blah blah. There is nothing left to talk about, there is no interesting weather on the horizon, just more great summer stuff. Hope you are getting away to the lake soon, pm me and I will give you my address so you can send out that case of cider. Off to load up the Brazilians as you say and load up my imaginary walk behind scags.

Enjoy your cushy air conditioned office

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can easily withstand 90/70 if they prepare for it, stay hydrated

I personally dont like it but who cares. And Joe, you can survive with only 17 properties?

They must be estates

They are big properties, with large gardens/meadows, to get into this business I had to create a niche, that niche was to educate myself with regards to design, perennial gardens, species and zone. I also use a push mower, the clients I have selected like the striped out custom look that a well sharpened high quality mower gives. The lawns are just the bread and butter I make money in the soil, and of course the fall cleanups, but having no employees really helps, I hire friends when I do big jobs in the fall or building the hockey rinks come november and december. I can spend all day at many of the properties pruning, weeding, deadheading during the summer...etc.

Have a good day!

Well obviously not in danger if you aren't doing strenuous work. But I've done it in this heat and have seen people go down in hot weather. It's made for people like yourself who pull up to the jobsite in an airconditioned pick up and direct the Brazilians to spread mulch....then go back in the nice cool truck and go to the coffee shop to get an iced latte...and then go to the local deli for a nice sandwich. Perhaps maybe mow a few yards on one of those stand up mowers where you do not need to push anything.

+million

They also work harder than many Americans. Hate to say it, but true from what I've seen.

Agree 100%...white americans that complain about it are too lazy to do that work, so thats there excuse....mexicans are hardworking people....and understand the power of a dollar and hardwork

Agree 100%...white americans that complain about it are too lazy to do that work, so thats there excuse....mexicans are hardworking people....and understand the power of a dollar and hardwork

White Americans really dude? I know lots and lots of your stereotype who work very very hard in extremely tough working conditions day after day. What do you do for a living, just asking.

i'm not sure illegal immigration/employment is the best topic for the a weather thread.

OK you are right. Sunny hot looking forward to the beach today and tomorrow. Other than a quick setup trip to work last week it has been fantastic to have some time off. Back to work Wed, next weekend looks awesome.

Except for the dairy farms which employ a few Mexicans, pretty much everthing here is done by white people. Of course VT is something like 98%....

Anyway, muggy day but the cloud cover is keeping things comfortable so far.

72F.

OK you are right. Sunny hot looking forward to the beach today and tomorrow. Other than a quick setup trip to work last week it has been fantastic to have some time off. Back to work Wed, next weekend looks awesome.

It has been pretty awesome. BUF's average high so far this month is 87 degrees...pretty incredible for these parts. We are in moderate drought in the Niagara Frontier right now so we need the rain for sure. Tuesday evening looks pretty nice around here for convection/severe.

Generally the situation dictates the type of work that people end up doing much more than their skin color or heritage.

People who uproot to a new country, don't speak the language, have few connections, and very little cash are more likely to take manual labor positions. Currently a high percentage our immigrants are non-white and therefore easily identifiable.

Brazillians, Mexicans, Blacks, Whites, etc etc all run the full array from useless lazy to ultra motivated and hard working. I've heard that Mexicans are Hard Workers and Lazy, and guess what? Both are true!

Making generalizations and stereotypes is natural I guess, seeing each person as an individual works out better in the long run imo.

Joe, it has been fantastic, albeit boring

We really need more rain here. I only got 0.15" yesterday

Yes and yes.

Looks like most of SNE has a shot of a storm today. HRR has quite a few pop up storms just about anywhere

Give me two, please.

Trying to figure if I should do a lunch-time run or wait until after work. Either way will be uncomfortable. Already 79.6/67 and it's not even noon, yet.

Those amounts aren't enough to do anything. they've already evaporated. You need inches of rain to have an effect of daytime temps..Not a tip of the grass wetting

LOL if that was the case and believe me in a highly forested state in mid summer dry means very little, areas like SW CT should have temps much lower because they received inches of rain. This is not the high plains or springtime when zero vegetation is around. All soils are covered by vegetation, minimal effect on air temps from dry soils.

Archived